My Blog = My Life + whole food

Fooled Ya Pizza {The Best Gluten-Free Pizza Crust EVER!}

This recipe comes from Trim Healthy Mama and is reposted with permission fro the authors.

I've always felt bad for Brad who used to eat cardboard-like gluten-free pizza crusts while we enjoyed the gluten packed version! I had heard rave reviews about this cauliflower crust from other mamas on the Trim Healthy Mama plan and decided to give it a try even though it sounded pretty gross. Boy, was I wrong! Our entire family enjoys it just as much as the real thing! You'd never know cauliflower was the magic ingredient! Fooled Ya Pizza
Ingredients:

  • 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen cauliflower (I used fresh)
  • 3/4 cup egg whites
  • 2 cups skim mozzarella cheese
  • sea salt and other seasonings (I used Epicure's Pizza seasoning blend)
  • pizza sauce and other pizza toppings (I used pepperoni, green pepper, red onion, cheddar and mozzarella cheese)
Directions:
Lightly steam cauliflower and squeeze out all the excess water otherwise your crust won't get crispy (I skipped this step and used raw cauliflower with great results!). Put cauliflower in food processor and pulse a few times until you end up with rice sized pieces.

Add egg whites and pulse again.
Add cheese and other seasonings (sea salt, Italian seasoning, onion and garlic powder). Mix ingredients together well with a spatula.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and grease well. Spread crust mixture evenly across cookie sheet. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes. Cool.
Add pizza sauce and toppings and broil until toppings are done (I baked it at 400 for 8-10 minutes).

FOOD, fresh, health, HOME, pie, pizza, recipes, and more:

Relevant to: Fooled Ya Pizza {The Best Gluten-Free Pizza Crust EVER!} + whole food