My Blog = My Life + recipes

Raspberry Oatmeal Bars

"Say: 'These are scrumptious'." My husband told me to write that when I asked him how I should describe these bars. He also wanted you to know that he cuts the grass straighter than anyone else he knows, and that he's wearing white socks today. Ha!

He also said I better not write that. ;-)
Back to the bars. They are really yummy. We ate a whole recipe between the two of us in just four days. Pretend that isn't true. The cool thing about these bars is that not only are they a cinch to make, they can also be made very quickly, everyone loves them, and the possible variations are endless. More on that at the end.

You'll need:

1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup rolled oats 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar 1/4 tsp baking soda 1/8 tsp salt 1/2 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square pan, line with parchment paper and then grease well.

Combine your dry ingredients together and mix in your butter until crumbly.

Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan.

Spread jam on top...

... and then sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Press lightly so top coat sticks into jam.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.

Cool, cut into bars and Enjoy!
Now for the variations. The raspberry jam could be replaced with any jam or jelly. Think blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, peach, or maybe even a combo deal! Or try making the middle layer chocolate or date for an even richer taste. I skipped drizzling these bars with icing sugar or melted white chocolate, but that equals yummy too. I'm sure of it. I have a sweet tooth.

butter, chocolate, HOME, and more:

Relevant to: Raspberry Oatmeal Bars + recipes