My Blog = My Life + whole food

Crunchy Quinoa Salad

We learned how to make this salad in our weekly whole food cooking class at Goodness Me. I had my doubts at first. Seaweed?! The smell of the stuff alone could knock me off my feet. And quinoa? I had never cooked with the mother of all grains before.

However, I mustered up the courage to give it a sampling in class and was pleasantly surprised to discover how well it suited my taste buds! I made some at home and Brad declared it a winner too. We even took it along to our Young Couple's Bible Study (I didn't tell any one what was in it until after they had tried it) and it was complimented by everyone who gave it a try. It's one of those recipes, I guess, that proves eating healthy can taste good!

Crunchy Quinoa Salad Sandy Pomeroy

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1/4 cup dried arame (seaweed), crumbled and soaked
  • 1 cup grated carrot
  • 1/2 cup fineely chopped red pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 1 Tbsp dried parsley
Dressing:
  • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp Tamari (soy sauce)
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp Herbamare

Directions: Soak the arame in 1/2 cup of water for 5 minutes. Drain. Stir the salad ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients together in a glass jar. Shake well and pour over salad.

This salad keeps well for several days. Make a large batch and enjoy a healthy lunch every day this week. Or, serve with chicken for a protein-packed dinner!

apple, carrot, cooking, FOOD, health, HOME, juice, recipes, salad, and more:

Relevant to: Crunchy Quinoa Salad + whole food