My Blog = My Life + running

My CROWNING Moment...

Yesterday the hubby took me out to breakfast after church and as we were leaving the restaurant, I spied in one area of the parking lot, a store by the name of "Cake" Well as a girl who wants to have her cake and to eat it too, I just HAD to check it out! So in I went dragging resistant hubby behind me *winks* I sure wish I'd brought my camera with me because this store was dreamy! Anyhoo as I was busy perusing about in the corner of my eye I spotted a golden crown. Now I have been searching for a crown for quite some time. Even my friends were jumping in on the act trying to find one for me (probably to get me to hush up about wanting one every ten minutes!) And this one was just the ticket!! And I didn't even have to sell an arm and a leg to afford it! Just had to twist hubbys arm really HARD! But I'm pretty good at that, heh heh heh ! Oh yippee Ki yay it's MINE!! Here is my new crown displayed with one of my little spelter boys for Christmas. I stuck a moss ball in it and Wa -La!!

And here is a close up on my little spelter boy. Isn't he a cutie?

As we were driving back into our little town, I spied a sign for an estate sale. Those of you who already know me KNOW I can NOT pass by an estate sale without stopping! (also applies to all garage sales... tag sales... sales of pretty much any kind *winks* You get the picture) Who knows? I might miss a the treasure of a lifetime!! So once again hubby in tow leaving black shoe marks of resistance behind him, I dragged him from room to room of the estate sale. With less than one hour left, I spotted these vintage flower prints from 1943 at $15 each... Well because it was the last day of the sale everything was half price! So the two fab ole prints cost me $15! They're big ones too! I'm pondering where to put them... Perhaps in my shabby chic bedroom here?
http://ratemyspace.hgtv.com/snc/ViewItem.aspx?pguid=6db6be3f-1720-4ba3-a081-999042c09b6b&itemguid =d47da 89b-0cbc -44bd -b660-ee 8a50b75154

As I wandered into the garage of the estate sale house I spotted this birdcage and stand. The birdcage was marked $15 and the stand was $38... Well that's wayyyy to rich for my blood! But the man handling the items for the estate sale told me I could have them both for $15! Well that's more like it!! But me being the cheapo... ahem... I mean "thrifty gal that I am I asked him if he would consider $12? He said sure! So now I have me a white stand and red birdcage! I'm going to use the stand as a display for a vintage chandy *winks* NO idea what to do with the cage but it sure is a cutie! Does anyone need one? (Ann my friend?) Let me know!

The birdcage is marked "crown"! It seemed to be my theme for the day! Lol ! Don't ya love the old mosque style top?

But here was my piece de resistance for the day!! I was chatting with the gals inside running the sale and spotted something sparkley warkley in a box... Unfortunately it was in the "SOLD" area. I asked if I could carefully take a look anyway (glutton for punishment that I am) The gal told me that if the lady that had placed it on hold didn't show up in 15 minutes she would let me have it if I wanted it... IF I WANTED IT??!!!! Well OF COURSE I WANTED IT!!! It's an antique empire chandelier and the price was only... are you ready?... $25!! OK it needs some work... LOTS of work!! Some of the crystals are cracked and many will need to be restrung. Some of the ribbon details are broken. There are a few missing crystals... But when I'm done with it, it will be glorious!! I just know it!! Well I'm pretty sure!!... OK fairly confident... (Hubby is snorting in the background because he knows HE will have to work on it *winks*) Fingers crossed that it won't be a total mess and waste of money... and sit with the other 6 chandeliers suspended out in the garage!Lol ! Please check back with me next week when I will post it in all it's restored glory... such as it is *winks*

It has some cherub faces that aren't very fine... But whatcha expect for $25? *winks*

And lest I forget, this little chandy Christmas ornament was also a Cake find. Isn't it darling? And 25% off! Well thanks for sharing my shopping outing. If y'all post any estate sale/flea market finds will you please give me a holla ? I just love seeing others finds and treasures!

Vanna

breakfast, cake, Christmas, Inspiration, life, LOVE, pie, restaurant, and more:

Relevant to: My CROWNING Moment... + running