My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Vingt-Trois

Chicka boom!! Chicka now now!! *winks*
It's time once again for Flea... Market... Finds!!
And what a wonderful week it was! The sun was finally shining here in the Pacific Northwest (YIPPEE!!) and I and the hubster headed back to Centralia Washington for another round-O-fun tiquercising! No sooner had I entered my favorite antique store when there... across a crowded room... our eyes met... And it was LOVE!!!... I gasped... I sighed... I gazed in awe... I hauled bootay to the counter faster than you can say "where'd she go?" And asked for a discount *winks*... And when all the smoke cleared she was mine!!! Oh happy day!! "What is all this excitement about" you might be asking?...
Weeelllllll I'll show ya!!

My theme for the week was "beautiful maidens" Some of you might already know how much I love classic nudes. And isn't she is a beaut??!! She started her life at the end of the 19th century as a base for a compote bowl/centerpiece but somewhere along the line her bowl must've broken. No problem for me. I'm using her as a stand for a favorite hat. *winks*

Holding the sweetest little porcelain rose...

Covered in gobs of roses! She's a keeper!

If I hadn't found another thing I would've been Happy Dancing!... but wait... there's more! On the way home from Centralia we stopped off at a garage sale and I found this amazing book for $10. It's large 21"x16" and covered in silk featuring another beautiful maiden! (Yay!) Alas the cover had fallen off but it's still lovely.

It's titled "Picturesque California" (She's kinda picturesque don'tcha think? *winks*) I think it was a custom made book because there's no author listed. All the engravings and photogravures have been pasted in and there are lots of them! Here is the first page...

The waterfall on the bottom left is Snoqualmie falls which isn't far from my place.

And in the "third one's the charm" category this darling 1930's petite Marie Antoinette ($30) came in the mail from Romantic Rose Creations and will join my collection of boudoir dolls HERE

She's even wearing a little pink tricorn.

and little shoes in the palest pink. Just precious!!

I also found this pink floral chocolate set in Centralia for $30 marked "hand painted nippon"... Turns out it's fake but at least it's pretty *sighs* Live and learn I guess.

Pot

Close up on one of the cups.

This little boot was $3.99 at the Value Village.

And I picked up this cute little angel planter for etsy.

A beautiful crystal grouping to use for display ($13) I AM a CRYSTAL-O-HOLIC!! Can't resist em! Preferably 18th or 19th century rock crystal candelabras and chandeliers! Yeah baby!*winks* If you've got any to spare?? Think of me ok?

A set of Hartmann hardside suitcases for $60. These have some wear and tear but the retail on these three suitcases at Hartmann is $3,435.00... so not too bad huh? *winks*

And the interiors are in toile!! Parfait!

This little watercolor painting of an English cottage was a Goodwill find for a song.

That was it for the things that came home with me. I had a few maybes to share. This cute little deco boudoir lamp for $40.

I've looked at these plates several times but at $20 each I passed. Aren't they gorgeous?

This cement maiden was fab but at more than $300 I had to pass.

And this one I probably should've brought home! A cutie frenchy louis XVI style chair with down cushion... newly upholstered for $60. If I had any talent as a painter I would've scooped this baby up! Wouldn't it look great in french gray or gilded? So helloooo Sares! This would be perfect for you!!*winks*
Update: Sares did give the chair a new home!... HERS!! I'm so happy for them both *winks*

Well that concludes my finds for this week. How'd I do? I'd love to see what y'all found on your adventures.*winks* I hope you'll come back next week for more flea market finds. Please leave me a comment and I'll do the same for you. I LOVE hearing from you!! Vanna
I'm joining Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva for:

And Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

And Jill at French Cupboard for:

art, book, chocolate, favorite, happy, Inspiration, life, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Vingt-Trois + village