My Blog = My Life + pie

Flea Market Finds Pour La Vingt-Quatre

Hello sweet peeps! It's that time of the week again! It's FLEA MARKET FINDS DAY!! WHOO HOO!!
I really haven't got much to share, but the few things I did find are good goodies!!
It's a two way tie this week for the "favorite find" position *winks*
I'll start with the most wonderful Marie Antoinette boudoir doll! She was an ebay find and I paid through the nose for her (Sometimes you've just gotta fork it over!) but she's the QUEEN of my doll collection!

She has the most wonderful little details like her petite necklace and rings and bracelets on her hands. Her hair is styled a mile high *winks* and even has a strand of small seed pearls draping from the back!

Lots of satiny flounces and a bustle!

Look at that hair!

Holding a sweet little rose. Isn't she wonderful!?

Tied with Marie for my favorite find is this antique lantern 21" tall. It looks Italian to me? But could also be French? I found it at a local antique store for $36. I thought it seemed interesting, but the more closely I looked the more fabulous it became to me! (Does that happen to you too?) It turns out it's patina'd copper and each of the four sides features stained glass. It has a French zinc look to it dont'cha think? I also love the fleur de lis finials at the top. It still needs a little clean up but I couldn't wait to share it! *winks* I'm going to have the hubster turn it into a lamp for me.

Close up on the stained glass.

Then I found this beautiful large antique watercolor rose painting ($60) One of the things I really loved about it was that on the back was written:
Given to: Mrs. Ida Kimball Hickman By Hattie Kimball painted 1909. To be given at my death to: Dorothy Beck.
It's so nice to have the history with the painting and happens so rarely.
Sorry about the bad picture quality. The glass always makes it so difficult to get a good shot.

Close up.

This alabaster lamp was a Goodwill find for my etsy.

As well as these vintage Avon bottles also from the Goodwill for 99 cents each. (The peacock is my favorite! *winks*)

Then last week my wonderful friends Patti and Paula at Ivy & Elephants and my sweet friend Honey from 2805 gifted me with The...

Awwwwww thank you so much for thinking of me!

The rules are that the recipient is to acknowledge the award presenter and pass it on to 7-8 other bloggers. And the recipient is to “reveal” 7-8 things about herself. So OK here goes...
1. I'm extremely shy... Really! 2. I have three dogs and 1 cat, all rescues of one kind or another, and I love animals more than most people. 3. I've dreamed all my life of living in France (This is probably no surprise to most of you *winks*) 4. I once met Ted Bundy (The serial killer Yikes!) 5. I was raised on and around sailboats growing up. 6. I'm a blond and all those jokes ARE probably about me! Lol! *winks* 7. My mother is Swedish and my father Danish... hence the blond. 8. If it sparkles I'm going to be attracted to it!
Thank you Patti Paula and Honey!
I hate to exclude anyone because you're all stylish bloggers! So If you haven't received this award please help yourself to it... I really just want to learn more about y'all *winks* So come get me when you share your 7 things please!
That's all for this week. I hope you'll come back next week for more flea market finds. Please leave me a comment and I'll do the same. I LOVE to hear from you! Vanna
I'm joining Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva for:

And my friend Marty at a Stroll Thru Life for:

Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

And Jill at The French Cupboard for:

art, favorite, Inspiration, life, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Vingt-Quatre + pie