My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante-Sept

Bonjour my beautiful treasure hunting friends!!
It's that time again...
Time for Flea... Market... Finds!!
This last week was quite a coup! My husband and I set out as usual to hit the thrifts to happily find that our local Goodwill stores were having a paper bag sale, in which anything that would fit into a large paper bag (they provided) was half price! YIPPEE!! Did y'all have that going on at your local Goodwill stores too?
Well anyway as I was wandering around I spied what looked like a large spelter vase filled with flowers. I sashayed right on over there to grab it before another lady who was rapidly bearing down on it, got to it first. *winks* Just in the nick of time too! Upon closer inspection (With the other interested lady peering over my shoulder) Don't you just hate when people hover like that?... But I digress... I could see that it wasn't actually metal (spelter) it was some kind of molded plaster stuff? And the price tag read $49.99. Pretty expensive I thought, but at half off... maybe not too bad? Now this arrangement is large (about 3' tall and 3' wide) and I'm carrying it around looking for a cart (to get away from now annoying hovering lady) and calling out for my husband with flowers going up my nose and in my mouth... And there was NO way it was going to fit into a half off bag as it was. So with flowers still in my teeth... I asked the guy working in the furniture department if I could dis assemble it to try and fit it in the bag? He said "no problem, don't worry about it. They'll give you the half off up front just tell them Mike told you so" Well God Bless Mike!! I was happy dancing my little heart out! Yes it does pay to be a regular *winks*
So after finally finding a cart, and shopping for a while (whilst fiercely guarding my half off treasures against all marauders) we get to the checkout and the sales clerk says looking at the $49.99.."Hmmm this can't be right... I think they mismarked it... It should be $4.99" My husband and I just looked at each other in disbelief... Ummmm REALLY??!!... We just said "oh that sounds great"

So this fabulous huge silk floral arrangement cost me $2.50... Yes that's right two dollars and fifty cents! That's less than I'd paid for coffee not 30 minutes earlier! I do believe it's the best find for $2.50 I've ever scored! So here's the arrangement I'm making all this noise about. I know many of you hate faux flowers, but come on for $2.50?

I'm sharing my French boucher/patisserie table again. I think it will become one of my favorite props *winks*

Close up on one of the handles.

Golden details.

After leaving the Goodwill we headed over to the local Value Village where I spotted this HUGE crown bed corona. I couldn't believe when I saw the price tag of $6.99! And it came with curtain tiebacks too! Ya hooey!!
(Yes Jennifer really $6.99 *winks*)

Do you see the cement face in the center? It came from a favorite antique store for $25.

She's also turning out to be a favorite "thing" and seems to look great wherever I place her.

Playing around with a little bling!

This goddess plaque was $2 at the Goodwill sale.I'm thinking about trying Rosemary's stone paint technique HERE. What do you think? I'm not that crazy about the color... however I'm also kinda lazy and DIY impaired lol!

This vintage silver English biscuit server was $7.99 at the VV.

It opens to three tiered serving dishes.

This little antique bisque trinket box was only $1. It's quite beautifully detailed. My picture isn't doing it justice... I really need to READ my camera manual on macro settings, but the thing scares the poop outta me! Lol! It looks to be about 1000 pages! *winks*

And finally this aubusson pillow came from etsy for $18. They're so hard to find around here (and so expensive if you do) I was thrilled to spot one for a price I could afford.

I've been trying it out on some different chairs sofas etc. So far I'm lovin' it!

Needless to say I have plenty to share next week for Flea Market Finds *winks* And I hope you'll come back for another visit. Please leave me a comment and I'll leave you one too. I LOVE to hear from you! Vanna
I'm joining the sweet Patti and Paula of Ivy & Elephants for:

Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

Honey at 2805 for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Cottage for:

art, favorite, happy, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante-Sept + village