My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Huitième Semaine

Yeppers it's time once again for flea market finds! *WHOOT WHOOT!* It was a really good week for me. I don't have much to show you here because I splurged on an ebay item that I'll be sharing with you next week *winks*
But first I want to share a lovely gift from my dear Friend Christine.
It all started with my blabbing to my friend Dawn that I was having trouble finding rosaries in my area. She then surprised me with a most beautiful rosary! You can read the story HERE. So Christine after reading my story of woe also decided to gift with me with a couple of rosaries as well as a small darling statuette of the lady Fatima. Thank you soooo much Christine! I love them all!
My sister then found another one for me so my little collection is starting to grow! If this isn't "The Secret" at work then I don't know what is!

The pretty purple and white one are from Christine. The longer seed rosary is from my sister.

close up

Sweet little Fatima from Christine.
Ok on to my finds pour le semaine. I'll start with something that every girly girl should own *winks* a pair of pink ballet pointe shoes! These are actually my second pair, but what makes these so wonderful is that they actually fit me! And yes I can even stand en pointe in them. I feel like a princess! I probably look more like a hippo! LOL! But I don't care! $20 in a local antiques store

At the local Goodwill I found this nifty window grate/cover for $1.99. It would be cute in a bathroom holding a towel or two? Or maybe outside with some trailing ivy?

I purchased a set of these two antique french style cages (This is the smallest one) after I fell in love with them on my friend Linda's blog HERE. They were on sale for $69.99 and I found an online coupon to bring them down a little more. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the larger one? I'll post pix when I figure it out. Notice my lamp base/riser under my spelter girl? Also a Goodwill find 99 cents.

Now this thrilled me to pieces but I totally understand if it does nothing for you... I found a an old stage light at a local antique mall for $30 and an old camera tripod at the Goodwill for $3.99 and put em together! I think they're very industrial cool, but also practical for me when I need some extra light on a subject, which is OFTEN where I live *winks* I have another stage light if anyone's interested?...

And this is my homage to Jermaine from the blog French Kissed. She's a stylist supreme with an amazing blog! Her daughter has an equally amazing (though very different) blog HERE. I was inspired to use antlers in a vignette after seeing all the beautiful eye candy she created with them on her blog HERE. Jermaine has definitely inspired me to up my game with the photos... At least as much as I can given my sad little camera *winks*
These antlers (set of two) were $15 at a local antique store and the Italian alabaster grapes were a $2.99 find at the Value Village. I spotted some like these at Joni's house from the Cote De Texas blog HERE and HERE. The silver tray was a $10 thrift shop find.

Love the shabby patina on the grapes.

Isn't this little inkwell cherub sweet?

And lastly this Jones New York sweater for $4 (half price) at the Goodwill and a Christian Dior belt for $4.99

Well that's it for this week. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you'll leave me a comment. I really LOVE to hear from you! I also hope you'll come back next week to see my ebay surprise! Vanna
I'm linking up with Courtney from French Country Cottage for:

And Linda at A La Carte for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

And last but never least My dear friend Laurie at Bargain Hunting and Chatting With Laurie for:

art, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Huitième Semaine + village