My Blog = My Life + village

Are you a stoner?...

An IRON-stoner of course!! *winks* Happy April Fools Day!! Yes it's a little early I admit, but I won't be doing a post on April 1st so it's the best I could do.
This post is for my bestie girlfriend Gloria who asked me very nicely to share it with y'all. If you love tiques and a BIG laugh you're gonna LOVE her place!
Plus I was dyin' to join in over at Marty's tabletop party and I'm running out of table tops! So I'm sharing a before and after of my ironstone cupboard. Is the "after" an improvement? I think it looks a little better, but it still needs to be tweaked for sure.
This is the before.

Do you see a common theme? Like pitchers coming out the wazoo? It's that wacky compulsion of mine to buy the same/or similar shape over and over! Now I have to say on my behalf that I never paid much for any of them. A dollar or two here or there. I'd pick them up whenever the price was right.

Here is my after. What do you think? Do you see the three large blue transferware platters? The three of them plus the soup tureen were $49 at the Goodwill... score!!

Here's my cupboard with the doors shut. I love this cupboard/cabinet, all the glass panes are arched/bubbled.

Left side.

And right...

Bottom

And top.

A few of my favorites. This shape in particular!

And this one

Or some art deco... I love that!

A favorite coffee pot.

And gravy boat.

This one turned pink. Love that!

I found this large platter at the Value Village a couple of days ago for $1.99.

A favorite tureen from Wedgwood with rams heads handles.

And a frenchy one from Red Cliff.

Nothing too grand or special here, but ironstone has always "spoken" to me more than most fancy porcelain. I love that it was used, probably daily. So many meals from long ago. If only it could share the stories...
Well that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed my little collection! If you have any ironstone featured? Please come get me, I'd love to see it! Vanna
Joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for:

And for the first time I'm joining Kim at Savy Southern Style for:

And my friend Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

And the French Cupboard for White Wednesday

art, favorite, happy, Inspiration, life, LOVE, running, soup, and more:

Relevant to: Are you a stoner?... + village