My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante et un

Bonjour!... Hello!... Bienvenue to my latest Flea Market Finds post!
This week should more aptly be titled "Stuff I found at the Value Village thrift store for cheap" Because Monday was Martin Luther King half off day!! So I arrived bright and early to find me some treasures!
I'll share those shortly, but first I'll start with my teaser from last week... I found this amazing treasure at a local antique store... You know that feeling... when you look across the room and there IT is?! You dare not show any interest for fear that someone else might B-line for it first? So you calmly amble over to "said object" to inspect the price tag... You know it's gonna be high... You just know it will be WAY out of reach! Only to find instead that it's sooooo cheap! Could that be right? Could that amazing piece of fabulousness really be only $75???
Does it have fleas or something?
Such was my reaction when I found this beauty last week...
A large spelter antique angel lamp with a gorgeous verdigris (green) patina!
It had the most awful brand spanking new, shiny bright brass lampshade harp on it that HAD to GO!
I wanted to take all kinds of beautiful vignette-y pictures of him, but we received 8" of snow last night so the pictures are all a little dark... sorry... (Do you have snow where you live?)
Anyhoo here is my beautiful boy. He's a keeper... I just have no idea where I'll be keeping him *winks* But in this case love will find a way...

Cute hiney too! *winks*

Isn't he fabu-licious up close?

And from a distance? *winks*

I also found this 19th century Louis XVI style needlepoint foot/vanity stool for my etsy shop coming in two days.

The top features some sweet birds

Then I received my Valentine gift a little early this year when I spotted this wonderful Victorian piece. I told my husband he wasn't going to top this at Hallmark... Or even buying me a box of chocolates WITH flowers *winks* And smart man that he is... he realized that this was the way to go! Lol!
I wonder if it had once been a house warming gift? The fabric is silk, even the little ribbons.

Very fragile and a little tattered...

It has what appears to be a silkscreen picture of a house and village and the words "Kind Regards" are painted on. I've never received a better Valentine! This one just speaks to my heart!

OK now on to the Value Village madness *winks* This yellow silk chiffon silk dress was $7.99.

I love its soft filmy ruffles and the contrast in textures with my other dresses.

The pink rhinestone broach I added was $5 at the VV.

This barley twist plant stand was only $7.

The faux guilloche picture frame and the Juicy Couture crown key fob were both $1. And that was a great price on the Juicy because retail on it was $50-ish. Of course if you read this blog you know what I'll use that crown for...

One of my boudoir dolls of course!! Lol! Now my little lady bust is a tea cup Queen! *winks*

Well that's all I have for this week. I hope you'll join me on Friday for the opening of my new etsy shoppe! I also hope you'll leave me a message to say "hello" and I'll do the same. I LOVE hearing from you! Vanna

I'm joining those sweet gals Patti and Paula at Elephands & Ivy for:

My friend Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

The lovely Honey at 2805 for:

The beautiful Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

art, chocolate, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante et un + village