My Blog = My Life + weekend

A Good Book And A Good Find

I'll start with my good find. This beautiful lady came from a local antique store. I paid $110. Not inexpensive to be sure, but I fell in love with her! Anything with tattered old velvet seems to get my attention. So I'll be eating mac and cheese for awhile... I have my priorities lol! She had the name of a jewelry store on the back and I was able to research a little and find that she had been framed in 1873. And as I was browsing ebay I found her match! He was too expensive for me to purchase at this time ($777 Or Best Offer) but I will be on the hunt for another now that I know he exists!

Isn't this frame beautiful?

Close up

Here is the matching gentleman I found on ebay. Not so nice a frame as mine. She was a pretty good score I think?

Now on to the good book... While I was browsing decor books at Barnes and Noble looking for something french (As usual) I stumbled across this book. Not impressed with the cover at all, but since there wasn't much else to look at I opened it up... Oh my goodness! Not what I expected! The beautiful images of grand antique rooms rich with character enchanted me at first glance! I felt as if I'd stumbled upon a secret. The perfect antique design book in disguise. Maybe you'll feel the same way? *winks*
Warning: This book nor the following images are for the minimalist. But if you're a more is more kinda gal like me you're going to love them!
Text by Carl Skoggard and (Dreamy!) pictures by Derry Moore (12th Earl Drogheda)

I love the bed canopy. Actually I love EVERYTHING in this room!

Some dark romance...

Oh how I love the dilapidated beauty of this one!

This image is for my friend Dawn the bohemian. It's Nureyev's apartment. Looks to be the perfect place for one of Dawn's fabulous tea parties. We can all sit on the floor and luxuriate *winks*

And this image is for my friend Andie who'll probably whip this up in a weekend using old scraps of silk and re purposed furniture *winks* Yes she's that kind of talented! See her post here and you'll know what I mean. Love love love this bedroom!

I sold a piece very similar to this one and now I could scream!

How's this for a plate display?

I LOVE this rococo piece topped by an old lampshade! (Carl Skoggard's) Hey wait... I HAVE that same lampshade! Mine is a little worse for wear)

I wandered around my house hoping a fabulous rococo piece would jump out at me so I could plop my ole lampshade on it... but this was the best I could do. Looks pretty cute on her I think? *winks*

That's Miss Joannie saying "Thank you for dropping by!"
If you loved the images from this book as much as I did you can find it here for as low as $6.19 (Including shipping) Truly a bargain IMHO. Vanna
I'm joing up with the wonderful Linda at A LA CARTE below. Please click to connect to the other wonderful junkin' finds!

And the lovely Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

As well as my dear friend Laurie at Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie for:

art, book, cream, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: A Good Book And A Good Find + weekend