My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante

It's that time once again...
Time for FLEA MARKET FINDS!!!!!
Yayyyyyy!... Yahoo!... Yippeeee! Or maybe you're thinking "so what whateverrrr"
That's OK, I'm just glad you stopped by *winks*
As always I'm starting with my favorite find first. In this case it's a couple so it's "finds" I believe they are old (or vieux) paris porcelain (Experts correct me if I'm wrong) and came from a local antique mall for $30 which I think is a pretty good deal. 11" tall. They have a very old import sticker on them stating for customs that they're in excess of 100 yrs old, otherwise no other markings.

Doesn't he look like a Gaston? Love his little moustache!

And she looks like a "Henriette" to me *winks*

My second favorite find was this shabby chippy Victorian rose painting (on the left) found at a local antique store for $40, to go with my other shabby chippy Victorian rose painting.

Sometimes it's the smallest things that thrill... I spotted these cute little pink satin shades at another local antique store and squealed with joy to find that they were only $10! They're so tarty and pink! Lol! I love em!!...

Here they are displayed with my new rose painting.

OK I hope you don't mind if I make a small segue to ask a question of my regular readers? I found this new lampshade on sale for $16 at Jo-Ann Fabrics. The same one is $125 at Horchow Home

I got the message loud and clear that you weren't crazy about this dark shade for this lamp. Whatcha think? Like the new one better?

OK back to the regular scheduled programming *winks*
I found myself a few new art nouveau trinket boxes to add to my collection. $35 for the 3. The pearls are from the Goodwill and the rhinestone necklace was 99 cents at the Value Village.

This vintage perfume set wasn't a steal, but I collect old metal perfume bottles so had to have em ($35 via ebay) I especially like the powder box. The sweet blue lace doily from a local antique store was $7 and is from the 1920's.

A few new additions to my vintage rhinestone collection. The red and white cigarette case was $6, the plain rhinestone lipstick case is a match for another I have and was a little pricey at $25. And the third piece is a mystery. It expands to fit... I have no idea what? It was $2.50 at a local antique store, but I saw it as this...

a crown for one of my boudoir dolls! Doesn't she look like a Tudor queen?

Speaking of boudoir dolls... I also found this wonderful ornate wig (center) for my poor bald lady. She may have lots of chips and scrapes, but at least now she has fabulous hair! Lol!

This lovely rose needlepoint bag was $40 at a going out of business sale at a local antique store. I see them dropping like flies lately and it breaks my heart to lose so many of my favorites. Do you see that happening in your neck of the world also?

This darling little girl lamp is heading to my etsy store.

And last (and definitely least) is this cute beefeater tee shirt for 99 cents at the Goodwill.

That's it for this week. I hope you'll come back next week for a really special find (It's currently being repaired) Please leave me a comment and I'll do the same. I LOVE to hear from you! OK I'm off to play catch up on all the bloggy fun I've missed lately, so I'm off to see you! Vanna
I'm joining Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

Those sweet girls Patti and Paula at Ivy & Elephants for:

Courtney at Country French Cottage for:

Honey at 2805 for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

art, favorite, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante + village