My Blog = My Life + LOVE

Taxidermy Love or Loathe?

I must admit to a secret... I have long wanted a taxidermy peacock. Beautiful tail cascading over the side of a french armoire. I know this will repulse some and intrigue others? Funny it seems every man who visits my home thinks it's wonderful, and my girlfriends don't "get it" at all. You see I'm the biggest animal lover ever! I have four pound animals and I take spiders outside for goodness sake. I can't bear to kill anything... And yet there's this darker side to me I guess. One who relishes the opportunity go get up close and study an animal in a way that would be impossible were they alive. Do you love or hate taxidermy? Does it depend on the animal or circumstances? I feel a mixture of both attraction and loathing... But this is a dichotomy I'll have to work out at another time because I really love my pretty bird.
I was inspired by the decorator Jeffrey Bilhuber's Manhattan apartment.

Here's my birdie. His tail is over 5' long.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this didn't creep you out too much and you'll come back again. Vanna
I'm linking up with Cindy at My Romantic Home Please check out the other lovely things featured.

art, Inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Taxidermy Love or Loathe? + LOVE