My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante -Deux

Bonjour bonjour!!
Welcome again to FLEA MARKET FINDS!!
How are y'all doing? Is the weather nice in your part of the world? Because I'm ready to run away from mine!
Sorry I'm late with my post this week. Here in the Pacific Northwest we've been having lots of wind storms so our power has been off and on for a couple of days. Enough to drive me out of my ever lovin' mind!... So what else could I do?... I shopped in areas that still had power... that's what! *winks*
This week I have a couple of fabulous finds from my favorite (go to) shopping place... CRAIGSLIST!!
Apologizing again, this time about the pictures being so dark... I really wanted to show off my new beauty in all her sparkly warkly glory! But it was not to be... Also showcased along with my beautiful new sparkly "IT" thing (You know the feeling when you've got to have "IT" *winks*)... is another "IT" thing found on craigslist that I'd searched a very long time for. So without further ado here is my favorite find for the week.
A turn of the century french crystal chandelier. Dripping with big faceted juicy crystals! It was a little spendy at $340 but worth every penny! It's a quintessential "me" piece that I'll keep and love forever.

Along with my chandy, I also found this oh so wonderful vintage barkcloth carpet on craigslist from my new friend, (and I hope soon to be new blogger) Alma. I had actually visited Alma on a previous occasion to check out another item she was selling, but decided to pass on. So what a wonderful surprise to find her again! Alma has some of the most beautiful "shabby chic" items I've ever seen! So I hope she'll be joining me on my sidebar with her new blog. Trust me you will be drooling! Anyway here's my new (to me) carpet along with my chandelier.

Ages ago I spotted this fabulous rug and bedroom in an issue of Romantic Homes magazine, then I spotted it again on ebay belonging to the seller "Nouveau Rose" I've been obsessed ever since with finding a rug like it (that I could actually afford) so I was thrilled to pieces to find another one as they're soooo hard to come by!
This one belonging to Nouveau Rose is swoon worthy don't you think? As is her whole beautiful house!

My base color is more tan, but don't they have a similar look? Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking *winks*

Here's a shot with my pomeranian Juju bear hiding under the french wing chair. Which by the way was a $25 auction find *winks*... The chair not Juju lol!

Then making my regular rounds at the local Value Village I had a slam dunk day! I don't know if all the snow and wind kept people away? Whatever the case there was more treasure than usual *winks* Starting with this cool necklace that looks like it's covered in vintage brooches for $9.99

Close up.

And also in the $9.99 pile was this pale blue rhinestone tiara with a heart perfect for Valentines day!

This little concrete painted cherub was $1.99. He has crazy eyes that I need to repaint (Which could be quite a challenge as I can't paint worth a darn!) It's very likely he'll look even crazier than before, but I'm gonna give it a try! Any pointers from my talented painter friends would be much appreciated!

This sweet Madonna trinket holder is for my etsy store.

And this large barbola style swag was also $1.99. I'm sure I can find a spot for this *winks*

Then I received a special something in the mail from one of my favorite etsy sellers the sweet Cindy of edithandevelyn
This darling large bisque girl was $40 with shipping and I love her! Even the wrapping was special. I didn't want to open it up and spoil it! Just look at that peacock feather ribbon! Isn't it fab?!

She's as lovely as can be with such a winsome smile.

No markings to be found....

but I couldn't resist that adorable face. And if you read my blog you know how "bust" addicted I am! Lol!

Well that's all for this week. I hope you'll come back next week for a fabulous giveaway!! I just saw that I've reached 400 followers! That's plum amazing! And calls for a special celebration! I'm so thankful for each and every one of you! So please stop by!

And I'd love if you left me a comment and I'll do the same. *winks* I just LOVE hearing from you! Vanna
I'm joining Sherry of No minimalist Here for:

The wonderful twosome of Patti and Paula at Elephants & Ivory for:

And Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Honey at 2805 for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

art, favorite, giveaway, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante -Deux + village