My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds pour La Semaine Quarante-Neuf

Bonjour y'all!!
Wow it's been such a long time since I've done a flea market finds post! It felt WONDERFUL to get out and shop!! Oh boy howdy do I love the thrill of the hunt!! Even if I do have to sit down every 10 minutes for my equilibrium... Oh well I've got to take the good with the bad right? Last week turned out to be a winner because one of my friends and neighbors from my old antique mall decided to have a garage sale and clean house, and she had some lovely things! So I have goods to share for a couple of weeks *winks*
I'm going to start (as usual) with my favorite finds first, and I must say I'm still doing the "Happy Dance" over these babies! I found these two antique plaster urns at one of my favorite local antique malls... And get this... they were $30 for the pair!!!... Shut the front door!!... Really??!! I couldn't get them to the front register fast enough *winks* And trying to carry two urns this large and heavy was a challenge! (I balanced one on each hip) But it's funny how that adrenaline can kick in isn't it when it's love? They're so perfectly chippy, crusty, shabby and mossy cool! I filled them up with all the roses I've been clipping and drying all summer from my yard. I can't get over how gorgeous they are!... Now this is the spot where you will probably be completely underwhelmed... Given my big build up!... Which seems to frequently happen to me. I'll think something is the greatest thing since sliced bread! And y'all are yawning over that "thing" and liking the "thing" that I just threw in as extra filler. Has that happened to any of you on your blogs?... I'll keep sharing anyway *winks*... The wrinkled sheet in the background (sorry about that) was a Goodwill find for $3.99.

Crusty perfection!

They make a great backdrop for pictures of stuff *winks*

Also at the same mall I found this shabby old mannequin head. She was quite expensive given her condition ($38) but that's actually what I loved about her. My hubby created a stand for her out of old lamp parts and I added the vintage 60's hat from the Goodwill for $9... Also quite a lot for the Goodwill, but I loved the pink roses! I think she'll make a great addition to my Paris garret closet HERE. I can't wait to play some more dress up with her! The lace piece around her neck is handmade Victorian needle lace and cost a whole whopping $2 at my friends garage sale. I wish I could show you a close up of just how intricate and labor intensive making some of this lace would be! It's insanely small and detailed.. But I'll save that for another post...

Then at the Value Village (another thrift store for those of you that are new to my flea market posts) I found this Rapunzel type wig ($3.99) that I thought might be perfect for turning my mannequin head into a Marie Antoinette (You know how much I love her!!) I just have to figure out a way to make that mass of hair stand HIGH! Maybe a form of some kind? I even have a small ship and birds to add to her hair a la Marie *winks* Any ideas? I would love to hear them! The Edwardian hat with the ostrich feather is also one of my newest finds. The crochet lace tablecloth in the background was also a find at my friend's sale.

Just look at how much hair there is!!

This chalk ware statue of Saint Therese was a great find at the Value Village. And the large etching in the background was a $10 find at my friend's sale.

I also found this vintage print with a gold handmade frame at the Goodwill. It's going to my ETSY so if you're interested I'll make you a great price *winks* The vintage candy box was $2 at my friend's sale. I love the little cherubs and flower swags on it.

It reads: With Love for Mother... Awww how sweet!

This painting of a European woman was an ebay find. She's not exactly a pretty woman, but I think she's interesting and something about her spoke to me. The watercolor sketch of a turn of the century lovely was a find at my friend's sale.

This piece was a Value Village find. I thought it might make a cute balcony to display some of my boudoir dolls? I'm going to paint it and I'll share again when it's finished.

And last but not least is this Victorian velvet tablecloth. I've never seen one of these velvet pieces this large.. Have you?... From my friend's sale for $20.

Well that's all for this week. Was your favorite the same as mine this week? *winks* Or did you prefer one of the other items? Or none at all?
I hope you'll leave me a comment and let me know, and I'll do the same. I also hope you'll come back next week for more Flea Market Finds. I just LOVE hearing from you! Vanna
I'm joing those sweet girls Patti and Paula at Ivy & Elephants for:

Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

Debra at Common Ground for:

Honey at 2805 for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

art, bread, favorite, happy, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds pour La Semaine Quarante-Neuf + village