My Blog = My Life + pie

Flea Market Finds Pour Le Semaine Trente deux

Bonjour my friends!
It's time once again for... FLEA... MARKET... FINDS!!!
Which in this instance includes absolutely nothing from a flea market or thrift store... But I did find some stuff that I'm crazy for!... AND I found it with my former blogging and now real life friend Joyce from the blogs Monticello Antique Marketplace (Where she is the manager) and Calamity Janes' Life & Style
We had the best time hitting the streets of Centralia Washington! I have a few things to share this week from that shopping trip and more to come next week. *winks*
But first I want to announce the winners of my blog followers giveaway. Thank you to everyone who left me a comment! You are all so appreciated! The numbers were selected randomly by my hubby. Sooooo...
The winner of group one (the canisters) Is Betsy of My Salvaged Treasures
The winner of group two (the pitcher, journal and frame) is Lana of Lana Austin Motif.
And the winner of group three (fairy vase) is Kim of Moonlight dreams.
Congratulations you three! And please email me at jewlbearvonhoyt@msn.com with the addresses to which you'd like your items sent.
Ok on to the finds! Starting as always with my favorites, which this week was a three way tie. And the theme for the week was "France"... Not much of a surprise if you follow my blog *winks* "Francophile" should be my middle name lol! I found three different couronnes de mariee. "What the heck are those?" You might be asking? Well... they're the interior display pieces from Globes de mariee, which are french brides domes from the victorian period. You can see my other post HERE to find more about them. I can't get enough of these beauties!
This first one makes a perfect display for one of my favorite Marie Antoinette boudoir dolls.

And without the doll.

Marie is gazing fondly at this petite jewel box featuring a picture of the Eiffel tower. An ebay find.

This next couronne is loaded with lots of beautiful porcelain roses and the bridal headpiece.

I love all the pink!

And this third is more of an upright style for showcasing the bridal headpiece.

It has all these beautiful etched glass mirror pieces.

I didn't even notice until I got it home that it had the initials of the bride and groom. An "M" for the groom.

And an "R" for the bride.

I've placed it in my living room for now with another globe de mariee.

This is a shot of my beautiful friend Joyce and I at the Olympic Club in Centralia where we had lunch. It was really cool and loaded with antiques... including us! Lol!

Joyce (Sweetheart that she is) brought a little gift with her for me that she thought had my name on it... A 1920's boudoir doll in a lovely tattered silk dress...

Boy was she right!! Thank you soooo much Joyce! I adore her!!

I found these victorian brides shoes (1880's) in kid leather ($43) while out shopping with Joyce. I love their ruffled fronts.

I added them to this globe de mariee and they fit perfectly! I'd like to also mention that they fit me perfectly! What a thrill! Those victorian ladies were notorious for their teeny tiny feet *winks* Sorry they're hard to see.

Here's a group shot of some of them.

This chippy rusty metal cherub planter ($30) was another favorite find. I filled it with dried hydrangeas

Isn't he a cutie?!

And lastly this pretty boudoir doll with human hair and a net lace gown to add to my collection in the doll armoire.

She has such a sweet wistful expression.

Well that's all the finds for this week. I hope you'll come back next week for more flea market finds. I have some neat stuff to share *winks* Please leave me a comment and I'll do the same. I LOVE hearing from you! Vanna
I'm joining Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva for Club G.W.
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for Open House Friday.
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday.
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday.
And Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show And Tell Fridays.
Pamela at From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursdays.

art, favorite, giveaway, Inspiration, life, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour Le Semaine Trente deux + pie