My Blog = My Life + LOVE

My Paris Garret Closet...

OK I feel a little bit uncomfortable showing you my (not at all special) closet. Especially after the teasers for the last couple of weeks... I'm GOING WHERE NO WOMAN HAS GONE BEFORE! (Cue the Star Trek music) LOL! You see it's totally a builders grade cheap and blah space... But I longed for a little bit of "French pizazz"! (Me... imagine that *winks*) I didn't want to go in there every morning and think to myself "this is just plain ugly" *sighs* Alas I don't currently have the funds to transform my little closet into the Parisian palace I'd love it to be, but with the help of a few special blogging friends I did manage to add a few fabulous elements!

So come on in and I'll show you what I DO love about my closet... You first... I know it's going to get a little tight in here *winks*
I started by adding a "closet" to my closet lol! If you read my blog you know how much I adore French armoires! So I thought "hey why not put one in the closet?" I have them in pretty much every other room in the house *winks* So voila! BIG french flavor!... Little unhappy husband with sore back, but that's another story... *winks*

Do you see the screen to the left? "Really"( you're asking yourself) " how could I miss it? I've got my nose practically squeezed into it in here!" *winks* Well it came all the way from Missouri from my dear friend Richard's store. Richard has the most wonderful blog "My Old Historic House" HERE. When you've managed to squeeze out of my closet please give him a visit. Can you say "eye candy WITH an education" BIG time! You'll leave Richards having learned something new each time you visit! *winks*
Anyhoo turn slightly to the left and get a close up view of my wonderful new/old screen! Isn't it pretty AND frenchy?! I'm loving it Richard! Thank you!!
I stole the LV from the bedroom so I could pretend I was going on a fabulous trip to Paris *winks* (If I sold it I actually COULD go on a fabulous trip to Paris! LOL!!) And to be honest because my poor closet can use all the "bling factor" it can get. *winks* The Dior shoes are just for looking pretty too because they absolutely kill my feet!! And after what I paid for them they need to be good for something! Haha!

Such a pretty and ornate top... Just the way I like em!

And since we're talking about Richard here, check out this vision of loveliness! I won this pillow from Richard's blog giveaway. No wonder I love that man huh? *winks* It's one of the most gorgeous pillows I've ever seen!! 1920's pale yellow silk with french lace appliques and ribbon roses surrounded by marabou! *swoons* French flavor for sure don'tcha think?

It came to me looking like this. Even Richards wrapping is beautiful!

This is another of the french elements that I love having in here. This beautiful wedding cake chandelier came all the way from France via Leeann's blog Fabulously French. She has some lovely french treasures in her store. This beauty was only $200 with shipping. I think that was quite a steal! The pheasants on top of the armoire agree, they can't take their eyes off of it... Literally! Lol! *winks* Merci Leeann!

Now turning toward the armoire I'll open up the doors (If you can take a step back?) and I'll share a few new (and not so new) things with you.

This sweet French girl bust came from my shabby bedroom. I ran out of space in the armoire there, so I glammed her up a bit and placed her in here with some of my favorite hats. Which by the way I wear frequently. I wish we'd go back to wearing hats. I think they add so much personality!... And hide bad hair days... Not that I ever have any of those... Just sayin' *winks*

This beautiful french maiden lamp contributes to the french flavor and adds some much needed light.

Going down a shelf I found this little chubby cherub clock at a local antique store.

I also found a couple of new boudoir dolls to add to my collection. The pretty lady on the left broke her neck in shipping and the seller refunded my money so she was FREE!! I put a pretty ribbon splint on her neck and she's good to go!

She loves the Viktor & Rolfe Flower Bomb perfume and so do I! *winks*

And a new Marie Antoinette doll who appears to be checking out a portrait of herself *winks*

Isn't she exquisite in her tattered blue silk?! She's my new favorite!

These lovely roses came in the package from Richard and the little cherubs in the background also came from his store... Good stuff I tell ya!

To the right of the dolls is this precious little jewel casket that I found at my new friend Peg's shop Maison De Wine And Wienies. It's my newest favorite online shop! Really good prices! I've purchased quite a few things from her now and I can tell you that she's lovely to deal with! The large cherub tray that the ladies are sitting on also came from Peg's store.

You've heard of the "bluebird of happiness? Well this is the silver glitter bird of bliss! Because things that sparkle make me blissful! Ha ha!

In the "found at the Goodwill category" (So I can Join Kathleen's party at Charm Bracelet Diva *winks*) is this Italian majolica pottery vase featuring beautiful dancing ladies on three sides for $6.99.

This vintage carpet is also a $15 Goodwill find from awhile back.

What's that you say? You're" getting claustrophobic and need to get out!"... Errr... oops!... Oh my!... I'm trying to move aside... really I am!... but it's a little crowded... Didn't mean to pinch that!... well maybe I did *winks*

The cherub twins on the shelf say "goodbye!" Thanks for stopping by my closet! Hope you didn't get any bruises? I hope you'll come back next week when Flea Market Finds returns. Please leave me a comment and I'll do the same. I LOVE to hear from you! Vanna

I'm (of course) joining Kathleen At Charm Bracelet Diva for:

I'm joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for:

I'm also joining Ann of On Sutton Place while she hosts for the next three weeks:

And Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

art, cake, favorite, giveaway, happy, Inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: My Paris Garret Closet... + LOVE