My Blog = My Life + running

UPDATE: Orange Izakaya starts serving food

On Wednesday, I expressed some disappointment that the former Cafe Orange (now going by the name Orange Izakaya) reopened a month ago but hadn't served any food yet.

Lucky me, Orange rolled out its lunch menu today. It looks like a mix of fairly traditional Japanese and Korean dishes (mainly Korean). This is somewhat interesting because izakaya means "pub" in Japanese. Typically an izakaya serves small plates of Japanese food. Some compare it to Spanish tapas (in terms of size, not flavour).

That being said, I look forward to tasting what the new Orange has to offer.

Word has it that a full dinner menu will be up and running next week.

13th Avenue, art, cafe, Cathedral Village, Downtown, FOOD, Japanese, Korean, Robinson Street, and more:

Relevant to: UPDATE: Orange Izakaya starts serving food + running