My Blog = My Life + tips

How to Convert Blog Visitors into Blog Followers

One of the questions I'm most commonly asked by bloggers is, how do I convert blog visitors into blog followers? How do I get people who come to my blog to subscribe via RSS or some other method while they're there? How do I get people to stick around?

While there is no magic formula, there are a few things you can do to increase your conversion rate (the number of people who subscribe to your blog after visiting you).

First, I must emphasize one incredibly important point. You really can't trick people into following your blog. People will not follow unless your content is good. And not just good, but consistently good. Generally, people who are visiting a blog for the first time, don't just follow after reading one post. They peruse a little bit. They make their way around to see if they want to follow or if they already found the only good thing you've ever put out.

In other words, if you are having an overly difficult time getting your visitors to follow, you may want to look at your content. Are you being to flowery or self-absorbed (I'll talk about that in the next post)? Are you boring people out the door? Are you being so diplomatic to all people in the world that nobody can actually connect with you? If any of these are you, take a step back, examine, and then mix things up. Get a little more risky. Be a little more simplistic in your approach. Do what you've gotta do to start getting those conversions to your blog.

So, with that being said, here are five tips for turning blog visitors into blog followers.
Read & Comment >>

art, big blogger habits, BLOG, followers, and more:

Relevant to: How to Convert Blog Visitors into Blog Followers + tips