My Blog = My Life + pie

Sunday Favorites Craigslist Do You Love It?

I'm joining my friend Chari for her Sunday Favorites.
This post was from December of 2008.
Please excuse the picture quality, the icon sized photos didn't enlarge well, but hopefully you'll be able to see what I'm talking about *winks*
I hope you enjoy revisiting this post.

As many of y'all know (and probably wish they didn't) I am a bargain lovin' crazy shoppin' fool!! I have champagne taste on a domestic beer budget (at best*winks*) So I LOVE to check out all the finds on craigslist! Do you do this too? Sometimes I find the most amazing things for cheaps! Unfortunately even "cheaps" is straining the budget lately! So I did some virtual shopping instead. Will you join me on a tour of my finds at craigslist? Most are still available and waiting to find a good home! And I'd LOVE to hear about your finds too!!

Well let me begin with these darling antique trophy cups. The tallest measures 11" and two of them are sterling silver! All five for only $50! Wouldn't they look wonderful gracing someones secretary, mantle, or bookshelf? Hmmm awfully tempting... but lets keep looking...

Lets see... how about a chandelier? I soooos love my blingys! And this one is only $50!... Nope probably better not... hubby is complaining about the six hanging in the garage... But they were such great deals!!! And they all have such sparkley warkley beauty! How could I possibly say no? Well... I'm going to be strong here. And y'all who know me already KNOW how hard it is for me to walk away from a crystal chandy at this price!*winks*

OK confession time! This next beauty is no longer on craigslist..and hasn't been for some time because it DID come home with me! The only thing harder for me to walk away from than a sparkley warkley chandelier, is a french armoire at a killer price! $300 was the asking price but simply for asking if that was his "friendliest price?" I got it for $250!! Yippee!! Oh happy happy day!! I had NO idea where I was going to use this baby, and briefly considered painting it... But hubby had a fit! What is it with men and painting wood? welll...

Hubby turned out to be right! And now it lives in my family room and houses all my TV stuffs.Here it is all cleaned up in its new home *winks*

Now this one is really tempting!... Needs some work! But ooohhh that faux marble! And it's antique and italian!! Like music to my ears! But wait it gets better!! It's $130 or best offer! I might just have to pick up the phone on this one!... OK after a careful consideration of 5 seconds, I'd better pass. I don't have room for one more armoire in my house unless I use it in that shabby white bedroom of mine... And then we're back to painting the furniture, and battles with hubby. Maybe someday he'll vacation without me and I can have my wicked way with an armoire heh heh heh!

Just check out those columns! Aren't they somethin' somethin'?

Now this is for all the shabby chic-ers! And yes I am a closet shabby chic-er... And I am tired of living in the closet! I long to do my entire house in this pale romantic dreamy style!! All that white beauty surrounding me in a veil of calm and tranquility! Until one of my furbabies decides to jump up and sleep on the slip covered sofy in my vision of white... probably with muddy feet. Hubby is also strangely hostile and resistant to this style... silly man! Anyhoo check out this SWEET!!!! bedroom set. It would be fabulous in a big or little girls room! At $750 for the set it's a little pricey but oh sooo charming! Don't you agree?

Close up on the hand painted florals

This is a double headboard but the owner said they used it on a queen. Hmm not so sure about that...

Dig this vanity! Helooo Mr owner man... give a deal to meeeeee!

Now getting hotter!! Y'all know I have a thang for french, frenchy,curvy, foofy things for cheaps! And this has everything in spades! And at only $200!! Where or where could I sneak this in so hubby won't divorce me?... Hmmmm might be worth it!... I'm just kidding honey (if you're reading this! Really, no foolin! Kiss kiss!) Wouldn't this work great for holding a TV? Or used in a bathroom to house a sink? Or... And this is the one I like best... To hold a whole collection of marble busts!!! Yeah baby! *winks*

How about a darling kidney beaner desk? This one is only $250 and has such great lines!

Now this is one that DID get away from me! I hesitated too long and didn't want to drive the 30 miles required to pick it up. When I checked a few days later... it was GONE! And it was only $15! What was I thinkin'?!! It's only an hour total for a fab birdcage!... Well I was too lazy... and that's the truff *sighs*

Threw this one in also for my shabby chic friends. Isn't the paint perfect on this charming little table? $65 is the asking price but I'm sure they could do a little better... *winks*

Or how about an older chocolate set? It comes with plates too! For $50 it could be yours!

Now these are also on my VERY short list!! There are a pair of these beautiful chairs for $250. They are soooo screaming my name! VANNA... take me home VANNA!! I have a thang for frenchy chairs as well! Don't ya think chairs have the most personality of any furniture pieces?

I am incredibly tempted by these! And sooo impressed with my AMAZING willpower!... ok and the fact that I have zero money... Haha!

And here's my finisher, a fabu ramous french settee! Yes it's just a tad costy ($395) But just look at those legs!! They could do pirouettes!! And in an entry hall wouldn't it look amazing!!... Crap-o-noodles! I don't have an entry hall! What a dream crusher!

Well that's all for now. I really enjoyed sharing this shopping experience with you! And so far today I haven't spent a dime! Hubby would be SOOOO PROUD!! But there's always tomorrow... *winks* Vanna
P.S. I'm still sad about missing out on those french chairs! Weren't they fabulous?!
Please stop by Chari's place and check out the many other Sunday Favorites!

book, chocolate, cream, favorite, happy, Inspiration, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: Sunday Favorites Craigslist Do You Love It? + pie