My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Seizième Semaine

It's time once again for Flea Market Finds!! Yippee Ding Dong!

I didn't post any flea market finds last week because the "finds" were so piddlin' But this week I did manage to find something that I really love!
So I'm going to start with the favorite find... It's a 1920's boudoir doll lamp for $60.
I spotted her from across the room at a local antique mall and my heart skipped a beat! *winks*
Isn't she soooo Marie Antoinette playing peasant at Hameau De La Reine?! She's wearing the cutest little muslin dress in pale yellow with little french knots and a darling little nosegay for a hat! All I need are some sheep to finish the look, or perhaps a petit parapluie? *winks*

She has some bumps and bruises but isn't she sweet?! She's now living in my guestroom armoire with a couple of my other boudoir lamps.

Another lady in yellow.

I did a post about my other boudoir dolls HERE if you're interested.

I paid full retail ($125) for my next find(s) but I've wanted a set of these boot trees forever and they don't turn up often. I HEART equestrian style! I thought they'd be perfect for the hubbs man cave. Thankfully he loved them too. They were made by the English firm Peal & Co where they would've been created for a pair of bespoke (custom) boots.

The name of the owner is engraved on the tops and through the wonders of google I was able to look him up (Don'tcha just love that?). His name was Sir Anthony Hugh Mostyn Bowlby, 2nd Baronet... Born 13th January 1906. Hmmmm that's cool...
And I wondered what a "baronet" actually was? Wikipedia says:
A baronetcy is the only hereditary honour which is not a peerage; baronets are commoners. A baronet is styled "Sir" like a knight, but ranks above all knighthoods except for the Order of the Garter and the Order of the Thistle. A baronetcy is not a knighthood and the recipient does not receive an accolade.
Possibly good to know when playing trivial pursuit huh? *winks*

Movin' on I found this little rhinestone lipstick case at Rose Petals and Rust for $10.

The lipstick folds out from the back and there's a space for a little mirror (now missing) I found a small mirror at the thrift for 25 cents and I'm going to see if I can cut it to size. Wish me luck!

This rhinestone infinity sew on piece was $6...

I'll add them to my small collection here. I can't get enough of that sparkly stuff! *winks*

I found this cute little guy with a bird made of clay for $2.99 at the Value Village.

And these plates etc. were a Goodwill find. I thought they had a cool handmade look to them and at only 59 cents for the larger plates and bowls and 29 cents for the other pieces, they were too good to pass up!

They're marked El Palomar which turns out to be a pottery company in Mexico founded in the mid 1960's by an American, and is quite collectible... Yay Hooey! Each artist signs their work with an animal, insect or bird.

I also found a few things for my coming soon etsy shop. This lavender tablecloth/ bed coverlet.

A vintage aqua blue pressed glass footed bowl.

A cute floral basket weave planter.

And finally an art nouveau style mirror.

That's it for my finds this week. I hope you'll come back next week for more flea market finds... I hope I'll actually be able to find some! *winks* We've had so much rain lately the sales have been scarce. I hope the sun is shining on you wherever you are! Vanna
I'm joining Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

And my friend Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

Jill at The French Cupboard for:

Rhonda at Blue Creek Home for:

art, favorite, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Seizième Semaine + village