My Blog = My Life + the reality of blogging

The Top Ten Perks of Being a Big Blogger

A free trip to Universal Studios. Another awesome perk of big blogging. When I started Single Dad Laughing, I didn't have any plans to be a big blogger. I was working a highly salaried job as a business executive and the thought of making money through blogging never even crossed my mind. Within weeks of starting the blog, I realized that I could probably make a few bucks here and there. Two months after that, I quit my job and decided to chase my writing dreams.

At that point, I wasn't making much of anything blogging. In fact, I had decided to keep ads off of my site while I grew my blog. I felt that I'd do much better advertising myself and my blog (with my best webpage real estate) than I would making pennies advertising for others. It was all one giant leap of faith, especially considering the traffic I was getting.
Read & Comment >>

art, BLOG, blogging pep talks, Blogging Perks, and more:

Relevant to: The Top Ten Perks of Being a Big Blogger + the reality of blogging