My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante-Huit

Bonjour my fabulous friends!!
Welcome to the 48th week of Flea Market Finds!
Sheesh I can't believe I've been doing these posts for almost a year... How time flies when you're having fun huh? *winks*
I'm continuing with my half off treasures from the Goodwill from last week... But first (As usual I'm running late) let me announce the winner of the Versace wine stopper... Drum roll... It's...
PAULA of the wonderful blog Ivy and Elephants! Email me with your shipping addy Paula.
OK moving on to my various kibbles and bits finds.... Well that's what it seems like anyway after last weeks haul-o-ramma *winks*
I have a favorite, but just by a skosh.
It's this 1920's lamp (I found at a favorite local antique store) featuring an 18th century couple. I like to think they're Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI *winks* Unfortunately it has a good sized crack in the center post... A chunk actually... (the only reason I could afford it) so I did what any lamp lover without any money or DIY skills would do... I slapped a ribbon on it! looks pretty good too if I do say so *winks*

Look at that sky high hair! Isn't it fab?! There's even a little feather on top. I have no idea who the maker is? It's numbered but no makers mark. So if you happen to know? Give me a shout out K? It's pretty distinctive in style, almost a little lladro-esque?

Even the feet are sweet!

And yet another frenchy figure! This one from my favorite etsy seller Cindy at Edith & Evelyn... And yes another Marie Antoinette. If you haven't already guessed I'm gaga for Marie! You can see just how crazy HERE... Sure it could be any other lady of the 18th century, but to me they're all Marie! *winks*

She has such lovely details.

This cross was a $2.50 find from last week at the Goodwill.

I'm also loving this new to me (but very old) set of books that I purchased from my new friend Stacey of Flotsam & Jetsam. They're 18th century and loaded with worn leather yumminess! Here they're topping the pile of some of my other leather books from the 19th century. I can't resist a beautiful old leather bound book, can you?

Titled "Pindar's Works" Peter Pindar was the pseudonym of John Wolcott. A physician turned poet who liked to poke fun at the royals of the day. Aren't they wonderful!? There are 4 books to the full set so I'll probably have many happy years of searching for the missing two. *winks*

This condiment set was also a Goodwill find for $5.50. It was missing a couple of its jars, but I thought it would make a good caddy for perfume.

I really like the little roman head reliefs. To polish or not? That is still the question...

I also found a bunch of pearl necklaces at the Goodwill for between $1-$3. Can't get too many of those for draping on all the statues around here *winks* The little cherub head was 50 cents at the Goodwill. The pink roses are made of feathers and were on a wreath that I purchased for $2 at the GW. I pulled them off to use for other projects.... Doesn't that sound all "DIY" professional? Most likely they'll just sit in the craft closet with all the other bits and bobs that I've never used *sighs* as I am a DIY wannabe *winks*

The pale blue English cup and saucer set was a $4.99 find at the local Value Village.

The little tray underneath was a $20 find on etsy. It has antique lace sandwiched between two pieces of glass.

And this antique sepia print of Mary came from the same antique store as the favorite lamp for $5.

That baby Jesus sure is glowing! *winks*

You might have noticed the blue fabric in the background of some of my shots? It's a large panel of 1940's barkcloth I found for $3.99 at the Value Village. It's still very bright and vibrant, and must have spent many years in someone's hope chest.

The two little domes below were $1 each at the Goodwill. I painted the bases white. And I've also added a new boudoir lady bust to my collection. She's a nice large one, and came with hands that I need to attach... OK truthfully that my poor husband will have to figure out how to attach. *winks*

Without the glass so you can see her.

And finally this little Dresden-esque flower watering pot was $1.99 at the VV.

Thanks for stopping by! That's all I have for this week. I hope you'll come back next week for more Flea Market Finds. Did you score some treasures this last week? Please come get me. I'd love to see them! And please leave me a comment letting me know you stopped by and I'll do the same. I LOVE to hear from you! Vanna
I'm joining my friend Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

The sweet Paula and Patti of Ivy and Elephants for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Honey at 2805 for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

book, favorite, happy, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, running, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Quarante-Huit + village