My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Onze

Well peeps I haven't got much to show ya for this week. But what I do have is just about the strangest find I've ever brought home... And I'm questioning WHY I brought it home? It was a great price... Very unique... Ummmm interesting?... "What is she blathering about?" You might be thinking? Well I'll show ya...

This is just about the wackiest tabaccyest thing I've ever bought home from craigslist! An antique harp case... All six plus feet of it. Thank God it isn't horrendously heavy!

What in tarnation was I thinking? Weeeelll I went and searched the web for these babies and they're expensive! I have no idea why? They just are. I found this one on 1st dibs for $1300. A second one there was listed for $3495 And that's not counting shipping.

Mine was practically a giveaway. I just couldn't say no... Well as y'all know I tend to have a hard time saying no to the odd and strange item... this one certainly qualifies on both counts! Also qualifies as HUGE!! *winks* That one wasn't lost on my poor beleaguered hubby. Do you see the dates printed on the side? Those are the international awards that the harp company Lyon and Healy ( founded in1989) received As you can see the last date on mine was 1921, making it a 1920's harp case. Isn't that handy dandy!

Then I spied this over on the blog Pure Style Home (Fab blog by the way!) Someone made a darling closet out of one.

Isn't it cool?

Then I spied this harp case bar... hmmmmmm...

What will I do with mine? I think it will be the fanciest garage paint cupboard in my whole neighborhood!... I'm pretty sure... *winks*
I also found another set of library steps. The red ones from this post just didn't work for me. Too much to move around, these are much more useful and only $50. I found similar ones on ebay for $400+

And my last find was an antique bridge lamp with scrolly metal at the Value Village (pronounced Val-yew Vee-lage lol!) For $10! It gave me a great opportunity to use one of my crystal lamp shades. What do you think? It works great for me next to my favorite reading chair. The light globe adjusts so one can have it as high or low as one likes.

I had to pass on so many lovely things this week because I found a very special treasure that I'll hopefully be sharing next week *fingers crossed*
Some of the things I wish I could have hauled home. Pretty bowl for $30-ish

Fab and flousey blowsey flower hat $18.

And I thought these were adorable! A set of little chair/name card holders.

Well that's it for this week. Not my most exciting shopping week I must admit. Hopefully what I lacked in quantity I made up for in "weird"! Lol!
Please come back next week for more flea market finds, it's gonna be a goody! *winks*
Vanna

I'm joining my friend Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

And last but never least (Her party just runs a little later) my dear friend Laurie from Bargain Huntiong And Chatting With Laurie for:

art, favorite, giveaway, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Onze + village