My Blog = My Life + travel

A PASSION FOR CHANDELIERS!!!

I don't know about ya'll but I am always on the lookout for the perfect chandelier *sighs dreamily* There's just nothing that adds more romance and glamour to a room than a beautiful chandy ! Don't you agree? I keep hoping that one day I'll walk into the worlds most fabulous garage sale... It might look something like this *winks*

And I'll find my dream chandelier for somethin ' like $100... Yeah I know, not likely! But hey this blog is "Delusions of Grandeur" And I'm gonna stay deluded dang it!! My dream chandy would be 18th century french, preferably rock crystal, and not electrified. This one would do beautifully!

But then again, there's something to be said for macaroni crystals... They make me swoon! And isn't this chandy swoon-o-licious ?!!

Hmmmm liking this one too!

My mother was born in Sweden... This one would remind me of my heritage...

Or all out gaudy!! Yeppers that works for me too!! I can't tell where the crystal ge gaws start and end on this one... Always a good thang *winks*

And I always love a little empire style!

This one isn't quite as dreamy as the french 18th century one... But it'll do! We are talkin ' $100 here *winks*

OK now ya'll need to scale down your expectations a few LARGE notches because these chandys are from my house lol !

This 1930's french palm chandelier sits over what passes for a dining room at my house *sighs* It's all open concepty and icky! One day I'll have a "real" dining room with french doors!

And this chandelier is the most swanky at my house, and nearly caused a divorce... it was worth it! Heh heh ! When I found it, it was in pieces. So the hubbs had to restring every single crystal. In addition it's a gasolier so it had to be converted to electricity... and did I mention it's almost 4' tall and weighs a TON?!! Oh and I wanted it all finished YESTERDAY!! So I would hassle my poor DH just about every other day... Are you going to work on the chandelier soon honey?? ( I added the "honey" to make it sound more friendly and less pushy hehe !)... Next day... Honey you said you'd start on the chandelier soon right?!... Followed by "But you promised!!" Repeat about 200 times, and the man finally broke down and finished it. But he told me NEVER AGAIN! And I think he means it*winks* But we'll see... Lol !

This one is in my master bedroom. I paid $125 for it and it came with two beautiful crystal sconces. At the time I felt I paid way too much... Now, I'm so glad I bought it! I sold the set of sconces for $125, making the chandy FREE!! Yippee!! I loves me a great deal!

This one was a 40th birthday gift from the hubby. And hangs in my tea room.

And this one was an ebay find. I scored it for $75, but when I received it one of the arms was broken!! I was sooo annoyed!! I contacted the seller and they told me they'd refund me $30 if I wanted to keep it. I figured the crystals on it were worth $45 so I decided to keep it and see if it could be fixed somehow. Well I ended up taking it to a local welder who welded the arm back on at a cost of $25. So $70 total! Just something to keep in mind if you find a cool chandy with a broken arm. I was surprised at how reasonable it was to have it welded. I would buy one with a broken arm again in a heartbeat!

This one hangs in my shabby chic bedroom and you can also see my sweet little empire chandy.

This one was a garage sale find for $25 and hangs in my home gym.

And lastly this candle chandelier hangs over the tub in my bathroom. It's perfect for long soaks!

Well that's it for this one. Do you have a favorite? And does the sight of a crystal chandelier make your heart pitter pat like it does mine? I'd love to hear from ya!

Then my sweet new friend Silver from One Day at a Time gifted me with this wonderful award! She has a most wonderful blog... But I'm tellin ' ya, if you're hungry it's torture!! She always has the most beautiful pictures of food!! And she's a real sweetie too! So stop by and tell her I sent ya!

Here are the rules for this award:
These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.” Also put a link to their blogs and then let them know they have been selected!

Well I don't know who might already have this award, so if you've already received it, no prob.
1) Laura Lu at Hidden Promise
2) Chari at Happy To Design
3) Laura at Tomarie's Cabin
4) Christine at Christine's Home and Travel Adventures
5) Linda at Royaltouch
6) Lucy at Tattered Hydrangeas
7) Monica at Monicas English Version
8) Kris at Vintage Window

If you haven't checked out these bloggers you're missing out BIG TIME!! *hugs n winks* Vanna

I'm hooking up this older post with my dear friend Chari over at Happy To Design for her Sunday Favorites.

art, favorite, FOOD, happy, Inspiration, LOVE, pie, and more:

Relevant to: A PASSION FOR CHANDELIERS!!! + travel