My Blog = My Life + pie

A Walk Around The Hood 2012 Part Two

Are you all ready to stroll again through one of my local neighborhoods? It's a long walk so you'll need your favorite tenni shoes. Oh and lets grab a latte because this IS the coffee capitol of the country *winks* And it's a little chilly outside so the cup will warm your hands. Come on I'll show ya some cool homes !
Starting with this brick colonial beauty. Not too big and not too small... but is it just right?

Or how about this trio of Victorians? Aren't they cute?! And so well kept. I wouldn't want to be the neighbor who didn't keep up with the maintenance... Quelle pressure! Lol!

I really like this stately white Georgian colonial style house.

And it even has one of the things I long for... A guest house! Nice size too *winks*

Or how about this neighborhoods version of a fixer upper? This Spanish style house has lots of potential. I'm thinking maybe a little round awning above the balcony door, maybe some flowers trailing off the balcony... and...

I think I'd paint the door black. Paint the detail (above the door) and detail pieces on the front of the house a darker shade to highlight them. Add some flower pots next to the door and clean up the landscaping. How about you? What changes would you make? (If any) I really love that swagged detail above the door and the arched entry.

This brick house is large at over 7000 sq ft or for my European readers 659 sq metres. It has lovely statues of angels in front, as well as dual urn fountains and ponds on each side of the door. They make lovely noise. Cost about 1.5 million.

Close up on one of the angels.

And from the side.

I really like this Spanish style house on a hill, but getting down that hill in the snow would NOT be happening!... Come to think of it that's not a bad thing *winks*

Can't go wrong with this classic baby! Big and so friendly! Grandma's perfect home don'tcha think?

This one's a little "fairy tale" Hansel and Gretel could live here.

Something in salmon perhaps?

Or a larger Tudor?

Or something tall and skinny?

I promised you a house tour and this Georgian colonial mansion is a beauty! It was built in 1905, has 8 bedrooms and 6.25 bathrooms and it can be yours for $1,350,000.

Please overlook the furniture and decor in this house and instead focus on the architectural details. There are some really lovely ones.
This is the entry with a really pretty staircase and lots of nice mouldings. Beautiful ceiling too.

A nice fireplace to warm the entry and welcome guests. (There are 6 total)

To the right is the gentleman's parlor and dining room.

Another nice fireplace. I like the column detail.

And to the left is the ladies parlor. It has beautiful grand gilt mirrors as well as a wonderful circular window seat. I think it's the prettiest room in the house.

The ceilings are 10' Can you see the window seat now?

Very pretty from this side with so much light and the view into the gentleman's parlor. Oooooh I could have so much fun decorating this house!

Nice large kitchen with a commercial style wolf range and stainless counter tops. I think it works well with the age of the house.

And the master suite which appears to be long and narrow with nice arched ceilings, and again has so much potential!

And yet another area for relaxing in front of a cosy fire. Hmmm for me I think that wallpaper would have to go, but maybe I could work with it... I loathe removing wallpaper!

And the view from the balcony of the water and surrounding mountains. So that's it for the house tour. I'd love to own this house! Would you? How do the prices compare to those in your part of the world? Our housing market is way down so this is a great time to fetch a deal!

As for my favorites I have two. This gorgeous brick mansion is wonderful! But not currently for sale alas.

And I know you'll be completely underwhelmed by my other favorite... this sweet Italianate house that just called to me... I've never seen another like it around here, and I love the Juliet balcony! I think this house would be just right for me!

So thank you for joining me on this (not so little) stroll. I hope you saw something you liked?
And I hope you'll come back on Wednesday for more Flea Market Finds! I have some sweet new things to show ya!
And if it wouldn't be too much trouble would you leave me a comment? I LOVE to hear from you! Vanna

art, favorite, Inspiration, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: A Walk Around The Hood 2012 Part Two + pie