My Blog = My Life + The biggest factors holding bloggers back

YOU are your own best advertising on your blog!

In the history of the blogosphere, it was almost always considered wrong to monezite your blog. When a blogger did it, it was shocking. It was appalling. It was even considered selling out.

But then, a few years ago the entire monetization game changed. Blogs everywhere started finding ways to sell advertising on their posts, around their posts, above their posts, beside their posts, within their posts, and ______ their posts (choose any preposition). Big bloggers. Small bloggers. Bloggers in-between. Ads started showing up everywhere.
I also threw some ads up on Single Dad Laughing when I first started it. I mean, Google just made it so darn easy, how could I not? And guess what, I made a few cents. It was great.
But then, I realized something. The reason people pay to put ads on other people's blogs is because it works. It brings them leads. It builds their brand. It gives them more business. So... if it worked for them, was I ultimately shooting myself in the foot by giving away my best and most visual blog real estate in exchange for a few pennies here and there? What if I advertised myself and my blog in the same places?
Read & Comment >>

advertising, art, BLOG, doing things a better way, monetization, and more:

Relevant to: YOU are your own best advertising on your blog! + The biggest factors holding bloggers back