My Blog = My Life + the reality of blogging

Building a Big Blog - Why can't you?

Welcome to my new blog, Will Work 4 Followers. It's my blog about... well... blogging. For those of you who don't know much about me or my "other blog," my name is Dan Pearce, and I started Single Dad Laughing back in July of 2010. Within four months, it was among the biggest blogs in the world, and at the peak of its introductory mayhem, it was pulling in nearly a quarter million hits per day. Currently, I receive between 25,000 and 100,000 page views each day.

I don't share those numbers to brag. I share them as evidence that building a big blog is possible, and also to give you a glimpse of what you could be seeing on your own blog if you put in some hard work and consistent hours.

I didn't use tricks or gimmicks to make Single Dad Laughing big in a hurry. It took a lot of elbow grease and a lot of help from my followers. It took determination and a lot of trial and error. It took a lot of writing. It took a lot of time. And... as tricky and tough as some of it has been, it has all been worth it.
Read & Comment >>

art, BLOG, blogging pep talks, general discussion, and more:

Relevant to: Building a Big Blog - Why can't you? + the reality of blogging