My Blog = My Life + village

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Cinquante-Deux

Bonjour beautiful ones!
I hope all my East Coast friends are fending OK through Sandy? I have been praying for you all. What a horrible and frightening experience.
We're having our fair share of flooding here in the Pacific Northwest as well... Not that it compares. I think we might have broken Mother Nature...
But on a completely separate note It's time for... FLEA MARKET FINDS!!! Where I make a lot of noise and brouhaha and pretend that I found something fabulous for a song *winks* More often than not my hopes of finding the Picasso in the attic are dashed, And I probably pay way too much, but this week I think I did pretty good! I have my fingers crossed that you'll agree?
I was making my rounds as usual at the Value Village (Quickly becoming my absolute favorite thrift) and I spied something sparkly in their front showcase. When I looked a little closer I realized that there was a whole LOT of sparkly! Oh happy day!! What is it about a crown or tiara that brings out the inner princess?! Am I alone in this? As the sales clerk pulled out one crown after another I just kept saying "wrap em up!" I was feeling more than a little giddy! I couldn't believe there were so many there at Halloween time. I ended up taking 6 in total (all but one) They are sooooo blingy fun! And large ones too! I believe at least a couple of them are Amaranth crowns? Maybe all of them? I don't know for sure. It looked like a beauty queen had decided to let em all go! Some are missing a few rhinestones so I'll be on the hunt for those. Do any of you peeps know a good source?

This is one of my favorites, it's very regal.

I think this more organic looking crown with colored stones is my favorite, but I keep oscillating...

Or maybe this one?... The blingiest of them all. This one looks like an Amaranth crown?

I tried this Amaranth crown out on Jeanne and she likes it! It's the plainest of them all, but maybe that's why it suits her. Simple peasant girl that she claims to be *winks*

Glory Issabella couldn't make up her mind so she tried on three at once!

Jeanne liked this one too, but in the end preferred the more simple style.

Glory eventually decided that this pretty tiara set in gold was her favorite. It brought out her lovely alabaster complexion *winks*

Speaking of crowns I found this lovely Marie Antoinette-esque boudoir doll on ebay and couldn't resist placing a crown on her also. Here she's lounging with her best girlfriend.

Isn't she pretty?! She has such darling blue eyes.

This boudoir half doll was also an ebay find. She has an 18th century look to her and is made from paper mache.

As usual their faces are a little chipped *sighs*

Her little friend came to me via etsy. I've named her Justine after the seller I purchased her from. She was lovely to deal with.

That's all my finds for this week. I hope you're all staying safe and dry with the power on! I also hope you'll leave me a comment. I LOVE to hear from you! I apologize for not getting out and visiting all your blogs earlier. Lots of family health issues again. I'll be catching up with everyone this week! I can't wait to see what you've all been up to! Vanna
I'm joining Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

And Paula at Ivy & Elephants for:

Debra at Common Ground for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

favorite, happy, health, Inspiration, LOVE, organic, pie, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Cinquante-Deux + village