My Blog = My Life + organic

Infertility and Hormones: Is there a Connection?

I really feel for women that deal with infertility. Most women have a strong, natural desire to have a baby. I don't know the pain of never being able to conceive, but I know the strong desire to hold my own baby in my arms and can only imagine how painful it would be to not have had that experience.

I conceived my first 3 children fairly easily, but knew I was dealing with infertility when baby #4 wasn't happening. Most of you may be thinking, "You should have been happy that you at least had three healthy children." And you're right - I was thankful I had 3, but I had such a strong desire for a forth. I read and researched and came across some information that hit home to me. The information was on imbalanced hormones. I had several symptoms of having imbalanced hormones, and one of the symptoms was infertility.
What can cause imbalanced hormones?

  1. The birth control pill {I do not take birth control} ~ The pill contains progestins and progestogens, which are man-made, synthetic hormones. These synthetic hormones cause low progesterone levels. These hormones are highly toxic to our body. They mess up our natural hormones, and can cause miscarriages, heart disease, migraines, depression, high blood pressure and cancer. The birth control pill is just not a good option for any woman.
  2. Hormone Replacement Therapy ~ Hormone therapy is used to ease the symptoms of menopause, but it contains synthetic progestins, which again, confuses our natural hormones. The side effects of HRT are far worse than the uncomfortable symptoms of menopause! The side effects of hormone replacement therapy can include: osteoporosis, high blood pressure, blood clots, cancer, vaginal bleeding, rashes, acne and weight gain. If you suffer from menopause, try taking the herb red raspberry for a safe, natural remedy.
  3. Eating non-organic meats and produce ~ most of the non-organic meat bought at the store contains estrogen steroids, which causes our estrogen levels to be higher than they should be. Non-organic produce contains dioxin from pesticides.
  4. Eating a diet of too much sugar and processed foods
  5. Stress
  6. Cosmetics {use only natural make-up}
  7. Plastics
  8. Toxins {be sure to cleanse on a regular basis}
  9. Paint
  10. Ink

How To Know If Your Hormones Are Out of Wack:

If you have 6 symptoms or more from the list below, your estrogen level is probably too high:

  • PMS
  • Heavy Periods
  • Painful, lumpy breasts
  • Puffiness and bloating
  • Rapid weight gain
  • Headaches linked to monthly cycles
  • Mood swings
  • Foggy thinking
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Weepiness
  • Insomnia
  • Infertility

If you have 4 or more symptoms from the list below, your testosterone levels are probably too high:
  • Irregular periods
  • Ovarian cysts
  • Mid-cycle pain
  • Acne
  • Excessive hair on face and/or arms
  • Thinning hair on head
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Apple shaped body
  • Infertility
  • Excessive weight around abdomen
If you have symptoms of too much estrogen or testosterone, I have good news! These hormones can easily be balanced naturally! There are three herbs that I used to balance my hormones:

Red Clover Fenugreek Saw Palmetto
This is the schedule I followed: Days 1 and 2~ Take one red clover pill 3 times a day
Days 3 and 4~ Continue taking the red clover 3 times a day, and add one fenugreek capsule 3 times a day.
Day 5 and beyond~ Continue with the red clover and fenugreek 3 times a day, and add one saw palmetto capsule 3 times a day. Note: Take two saw palmetto capsules instead of one if you are too high in testosterone.
It is recommended to take these herbs for at least 2-4 months; for some women it could take up to a year for hormones to be balanced. I recommend taking them at least until symptoms subside. These herbs have many other healthy benefits and can be taken long term.

In less than a month of starting this herbal program, I found out I was expecting our 4th daughter! She is an adorable blessing to us!
I don't understand all the reasons for infertility, but I know that the situation is ultimately in God's hands. If you deal with infertility and have any symptoms of imbalanced hormones, try balancing them naturally and perhaps God can use it to bless you with a sweet bundle of joy. Disclaimer: These statement have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat, cure or prevent disease. ______________________________________________________

Jill is a Christian and has been married to her dear husband for 12 years. She's a homeschool mom of 4 and is thankful for God's goodness in her daily life. As a certified family herbalist, her passions include reading and researching about health and home remedies, and sharing with others the knowledge she gains. You can find her blogging at Jill's Home Remedies and connect with her on facebook and twitter.

apple, art, book, FOOD, happy, health, healthy living, herbal, HOME, life, natural remedies, and more:

Relevant to: Infertility and Hormones: Is there a Connection? + organic