My Blog = My Life + pie

Sunday Favorites... Hubby's Man Cave!

I was hoping to join my friend Chari once again for her Sunday Favorites, but she's taking time off to spend with her family for the next two weeks. Guess I missed that *winks* But here it goes anyway. This post was from December 12th 2008, the good ole Rate My Space Days where I met so many of my best blogger buddies. We shared our homes and some great times together. I hope you enjoy revisiting this post.

Pssssst!! Hey everybody! Would you like to follow me into the mysterious inner sanctum of my hubby?... The MANCAVE? I have to warn you that there will be nudity, taxidermy and danger! (yes I know it's already too late you see a bum shot!) Hence the "NEVER post on RMS! So if you find these things objectionable? Beter not look! Ok that said, this is the one room in our home that hubby got to decorate all by himself (Well the garage too, but since it's stacked to the ceiling with my stuff it doesn't count *winks*) He's at work right now so I thought I'd sneak y'all in for a sneaky peeky.

This is the front of the nekkid lady. She's lifesize and was once a lighting fixture(one of many) in a french art deco theatre. She is my hubbys pride and joy.

Haven't you heard that "every room needs a little leopard"? Well in hubbys case that equals... a little leopard! His name is Lawson and he's our literary leopard! He's resting on a marble commode that houses a refrigerator and stereo equipment. Making it possible for hubby to withdraw from the world (aka me!) for days at a time... OK I admit I'm exaggerating... but he has been know to dissapear for hours at a time!

What might a leopard boy be looking at? What else but GIRLS!!! Of course!... Silly men!!

This secretary was a craigslist find for $200 and houses hubbys computer. The top drawer opens, folds down and hides the keyboard.

Some of hubbys pretties... Hmmmmmm that doesn't sound very manly does it? Let me try again... Some of hubbys manly pretties! Lol!!

On the left side of the desk is a set of bookcases found at an auction for $95 for the pair!

I only included this shot to show y'all the corner cabinet. It's from Belgium and it's my favorite piece in the room *winks*

Desk top

One of hubbys smaller nude pieces. This one is dated 1912 and was a giveaway piece from a poultry company! Hmmmmmm what a strange choice but...

Her leg comes off and becomes a letter opener. Sorry it looks kinda gruesome doesn't it?

This art nouveau clock was a gift from me.

A few art deco girls.

This little bathing beauty is a bronze and rests on a note holder.

Another deco girl about to get her toes wet.

Crazy collecting runs in the family! Huby collects garbage trucks and Batman... Yep he's quirky too!

Cozy reading chair.

Well that's the end of the tour. Lets quietly exit and he'll never know we were here... no tattling!
A year after these pictures were taken I convinced the seller of the first life size art deco lady to sell me his other one, and I gave it to my husband for his birthday. He was one happy camper! So I'm sharing an updated photo of his newer lady, as well as a picture of the two of them together... warning... there are lots of nudes here... just sayin...

In the evening

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll stop by Chari's place two weeks from now *winks* and check out Sunday Favorites when it resumes.

art, book, favorite, giveaway, happy, Inspiration, life, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: Sunday Favorites... Hubby's Man Cave! + pie