My Blog = My Life + pie

My Cousin D's Apartment

I'm joining up with my friend Chari again for Sunday Favorites.
This was one of my early blog posts from December of 2008. I loved my cousin's apartment. She's since moved to the East Coast so it's nice for me to revisit her old place in pictures.

I posted my cousin D's apartment a while back on RMS but I thought some of you might like to see it again. My cousin has been my shopping partner in crime for many years, as well as my best customer for all the furniture pieces that I just couldn't use anymore. She has a darling apartment in a turn of the century building. She wanted to show others on RMS that you don't need to be a home owner to make a home. I think she's done a wonderful job of making this apartment cozy and comfortable! What do y'all think

The secretary, large picture, statue of a woman, gold chairs and sconce were purchased from me. They look much better in D's place though *winks*

This is a view into the large closet that my cousin uses for her bedroom. I found the corner display cabinet for her at a local junk shop. The hooked rug used to reside in my guest room. The crystal candelabra and clock on top of the cabinet I found for her on ebay, and the large portrait of a woman was a gift from me. So if you feel a strong Vanna influence here? Ya know why *winks*

These were roses picked from the back of her apartment. Isn't her bust of a girl darling?!!

We found this french bedside table in a local antique shop. There were actually two of them at the store. I purchased one that sits in my master bedroom and she has hers displayed in her living room. Hers is the more ornate of the two, but mine was a better match for my furniture, so it worked out perfectly! We found the french chairs together many years ago.

I know it's wrong to covet *winks* But I sooo love the blue down filled chair to the left. It is so marshmallow cushy and dreamy!

The gold sofy used to live at my house and the french art deco chandelier was an ebay find for $127!! My hubby put it up for her.

A view to the back of the room.

Her "dreamy" bedroom in a closet.

This little pink cabinet also came from my house. My cousin painted it pink and uses it for her pretties. As you can see, I got her addicted to collecting art nouveau boxes too! *winks*

And this is my cousin D's adorable little dachshund Rocha. She wants to thank you for taking this little tour of her Mommy's apartment! Please come back soon! And bring some dog biscuits with ya OK?

Please stop by Chari's place and check out the other Sunday Favorites! Vanna

art, favorite, Inspiration, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: My Cousin D's Apartment + pie