My Blog = My Life + The biggest factors holding bloggers back

Big Blog Rule #1 - Kiss the Nerd Goodbye

The very, very first thing that every blogger needs is a blog that looks good. I refer to amateur, quick template, easy setup type blogs as nerd blogs. Don't ask me why, I just always have. It has nothing to do with the people writing them, and everything to do with the blogs themselves.

To me, a true nerd is somebody who doesn't care what he looks like. He doesn't care what people think of him. He doesn't care that he's socially undesirable. He doesn't care that he wears outdated clothing. Nerd blogs are the same. They are blogs that took advantage of the quick and easy templates, have no special graphics, and when I arrive at those blogs, I don't think anything except, where's the X button on my browser.

Over the next several months, we'l be discussing (one item at a time), some of the many things you can do to make your blog look awesome. It doesn't matter if you use Blogger or WordPress or TypePad. It doesn't matter how much computer expertise you have (or don't have). It doesn't matter how much time you have. There's nothing you can't do to your own blog, and there are a bazillion little things you can do to make your blog look better. If you follow along, your blog will start looking superb.
Read & Comment >>

art, BLOG, Blog Design, Look and Feel, and more:

Relevant to: Big Blog Rule #1 - Kiss the Nerd Goodbye + The biggest factors holding bloggers back