My Blog = My Life + pie

I sure Missed Y'all! I'd like to Share One of My Chandy Projects

Hi everybody. I'd like to apologize for being gone so long without explanation. My mom suffered a stroke followed by a bout with pneumonia. It's been a very trying time, but she's now on the road to recovery and I finally feel I can breathe a little bit. Having a sick loved one sure puts ones priorities in order quickly. I'd like to thank everyone who kept my mom in your prayers. You are apprecdiated more than you know. They're working! And I'm soooo thankful to you!

Ok nuff about sad stuff. I had planned to post this before mom got sick. But better late than never I hope? Anyhoo I found this cute little chandelier on ebay. It came from Austrailia and the shipping was actually more than the chandy! Yep the price was really good... problem was... it was in pieces.

Here is what it looked like listed on ebay...

And here is what it looked like when I received it!

*sigh* This is going to be a project!!

Here is my makeshift repair station *winks* Helps to be able to watch the telly when doing this kinda stuff. But it's looking pretty good dontcha think?

I decided to put my finished project in my shabby chic bedroom. Maybe some of you remember it from RMS back in the days of the dinosaur? Here is the original posting if you're interested.link But why bother since I'm showing it to ya here *winks* Remember my creepy... ahem I mean... cool ole haunted mirror? You can still spot a ghost! Lol!

And here's the little chandy in its new home! Some of you might also remember my birdcage stand and old birdcage for $12? Well I'm using the stand to hold the little chandy until I can find a more ornate one that I can afford. Isn't it a cutie ?*winks*

Here's a close up on the finished product.

The view from the door.

Top of the dresser. And here is where I found a home for my little wax bust.

I found this little postcard/picture holder for $10. I hope to fill it with old floral postcards... I have some hiding around my house somewhere... I just have to find the little buggers!

And this dresser was a Goodwill find for $49.99.

This little cherub that used to be a part of a fountain is a favorite of mine. I just LOVE cupids!!!

Here is the top of one of the bedside tables. My sister painted the little shades on the candelabra for me.

This little terra cotta bust came from france.

This picture is for Sandra at Romantique Inspirations. She has the most beautiful blog! And we both have the same pink clock *winks*

I have this old painting of roses on the opposite side of the bed. Found at a junk shop for $25.

Some of my Norah Wellings dolls.

This victorian tete a tete is another favorite piece of mine.

Well thanks for stopping by and revisiting my shabby chic bedroom! Please help yourself to a nice cup of tea! And come back anytime!

I will be posting pictures of my bigger chandy project found here, in the next week so I hope you'll come back to see me! Vanna

art, favorite, Inspiration, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: I sure Missed Y'all! I'd like to Share One of My Chandy Projects + pie