My Blog = My Life + pie

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine De Cinq

Hi peeps! This last week I went antiquercising with my hubby (It's my favorite form of exercise!) and I have a few new finds I'm excited to share!

I'll start with one of my best buys, these two antique french demijohns for $10! They're a pretty good size too at 13.5" tall. I have no idea what I'll do with them. If anyone wants a good deal on one give me a holla!*winks*

Next is a Victorian picture featuring a flower wreath made from feathers. I'd been looking at this picture in the back room of an antiques store for 6 yrs. The price started out at $179. It had finally dropped 6 yrs later to $79 so I made a $50 offer on it and took it home.

Close up. Even the little leaves are made of feathers. This is what Victorian ladies did instead of blogging *winks*

I also found this charming painting of Romeo and Juliet signed from 1883 for $72. When I went to pay for it my own Romeo stepped up and said "I'll get that for you for Valentines day honey"... Now that's romantic to me! Lol!

Kinda rough but so sweet! I hope I'll look this good at 128 *winks*

I also found this old box with a beautiful boudoir lady on the front for $1.99. It had a rubber band around it, and what really made it worth two bucks was this...

Inside... two totally never used powder puffs and cosmetic sponges from the 1920's! Dont'cha love those colors?!

Are you ready for my pieces de resistance? My tour de force? My really bestest finds of all?? It's these two french chairs for $63.20!! I have long been wanting to reupholster some chairs in painters cloth like Miss Mustard Seed herself the AMAZING Marion! HERE I am in LOVE with her blog!! But I haven't been able to find the right chairs for the right price... And now VOILA!! The perfect chairs! I can't wait to get started on them! I'll share them when I'm finished. Wish me luck! *fingers crossed*

There were a few things that I would have liked to take home as well, but passed on, like this 1880's painting of a lady with cupids $139.

And this french alter candelabra was over 4' tall for $223.20. If it had been a pair I would've jumped on it!

Loved this marble topped coffee table! It could be used like this or broken up and used separately. Can't quite remember the price... I think it was 400ish?

This darling large cupid figurine was $127.

I fell in love with this oil painting of two ladies for $165... But a little too pricey for this shopping experience.

This charming plaster statue was a good size and $28. I've seen some online sellers ask ridiculous amounts (IMHO) for these. Pourquoi?

I was really intrigued by this old check printing machine ($134) I love its industrial vibe! Wouldn't it make an interesting side table with a marble or stainless steel top? And it raises for easy movement and drops when you want it to be stable

Close up on the feet.

This shell encrusted shelf would make a darling bed corona for a coastal cottage turned upside down. $30.

So what do you think? Did I pick the right things? Or should I run back for any of the rest? I'd love to hear what you think!

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you'll come back next week for more flea market finds! Vanna
I'm joining the wonderful Linda at A La Carte for:

And Courtney from the French Country Cottage for the second time for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

And my dear friend Laurie at Bargain Hunting And Chatting With Laurie for:

art, favorite, Inspiration, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine De Cinq + pie