My Blog = My Life + pie

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine De Six

Bonjour mes amis! I am definitely taking license with the term "flea market" this week because I did in fact spend through the nose on a few things. Lest you think I only buy bargains... Mais pas mes chéris! I will spend spend spend my little heart out if I find the right "THING" You know what I'm talkin' bout... That item that you can't get out of your mind... but you can't quite justify either? Well I broke down and threw out that plastic faster than you can say "Shouldn't you think about this?" *winks* You'll see what I mean...

But on a more positive and thrifty nifty note I found a wonderful HUGE frenchy statue on craigslist from my now favorite seller Crystal!!

In my post two weeks ago I shared a bergere chair and ottoman that I found HERE. Well the sellers name is Crystal and this week she was featuring some more wonderful treasures. In one of her CL ads she stated that she'd be willing to trade some of her items for a bench for the end of her bed... Weeell... I just happened to have one *winks* And it had Crystal's name all over it! I wasn't using the bench and she wasn't wanting the statue so VOILA! Perfect recycling!! And while I was there Crystal showed me her TDF!! french daybed! Oh my gosh I think I drooled a little on it... sorry Crystal *winks* And it's satin so NOT good LOL! I told her I WANTED it!! But she told me" the line is long" *sighs* Anyhoo she's not likely to part with it (Don't blame her a bit) but I thought you might like to see it too? I also picked up a frenchy crystal sconce for trade.
So here's the daybed. Isn't it dreamy??!! How I wish it were mine!

This is the bench I wasn't using. Crystal added her own pillows to make it special. The fabulous frenchy dresser that you see in the background belonged to her Grandmother. Doesn't the bench work well with her furniture?

And this is my new statue! It's almost 3' tall. I'm in love with it! So please forgive my showing y'all so many pictures of it *winks*

Here's where it finally ended up atop a buffet in my bedroom. Hmmmm I really need to clean up my menagerie-o- little stuff!

And here's my spendy piece. It's a victorian lace pillow and it's absolutely gorgeous! I paid $90 which for me is a chunk of change, but how often do I see one like this? So hopefully worth it?

Close up

Here's the frenchy crystal sconce I scored from Crystal!... FREE-ish LOL!

This painting is reverse on glass and backed by silver leaf. The frame is old mirror which has lost its silvering. It seemed both venetian and chinoiserie to me. $75

Close up

I found this large art nouveau jewel casket for $22. It's been repainted in spots but I have an obsession with them as you can see HERE.

It still has its pretty cloth lining.

I received these two darling cherub plaques ($20) from my friend Richard who sells some lovely things in his etsy store HERE

A vintage full bed sheet with crocheted edge for $18.

And I WISH this dress had come home with me! Isn't it gorgeous? It was $189 but soooo dreamy!!

I also liked this perfume holder for $10 but left it for someone else.

Here are most of my finds together.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll come back next week for more Flea Market Finds. And please leave a comment. I'd LOVE to hear from you! Vanna
I'm joining the talented Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

And the lovely Linda at A La Carte for:

And the romantic Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

And last but certainly not least, my friend Laurie at Bargain Hunting And Shopping With Laurie for:

art, favorite, Inspiration, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine De Six + pie