My Blog = My Life + LOVE

A Little Stroll Through The Hood...

One of my favorite things to do (besides shopping for bargains) is to walk around my local neighborhoods and look at houses. I love to garner ideas for landscaping; to check out the various homes for sale and their prices, and just to enjoy the different architectural styles. I LOVE to see how people live. I'm a lifestyle voyeur *winks* Big/little beautiful/ugly I don't care! I'd love to walk through each and every house to see what's about? You're probably thinking "That girl needs therapy!" And to that I say "Nay! I just need a better pair of walking shoes!" *winks* In the neighborhood where I live it's predominantly 1990's Mc mini mansions that all seem to look alike. So what I love about the neighborhood I'm featuring here is all the different housing styles within blocks of each other. None of these homes are a show stopper, but they all have their own unique charm (At least in my opinion) They range in price from about $250,000 to 700,000. So nice smaller homes (With the exception of one) that almost anyone could start off with. So join me in a little tour of this hood... We'll start with this cutie in red. Turn of the century, nice flowers cute wreath on the door. Altogether a welcoming little home dontcha' think? All it needs is a cat on the porch. *winks*

Or how about this little beauty in yellow? It's neat as a pin!
(You can click to enlarge)

I really liked the wrought iron arbor gate. Looks like a pretty backyard too doesn't it?

This little blue 1930's house feels very East Coast seaside cottage to me. I love the large grouping of lavender in the front. It softens the look of the house and smells wonderful too... (Note to self to plant more lavender ASAP!)

I thought we could pause for just a moment and enjoy these hydrangeas.

This little cutie on a corner lot was/is for sale. High 200k's 1100 sq ft but isn't it adorable?

Just look at the front porch! Tiny but as cute as can be! Love the letter G on the front to detract from the iron security door... Hmmm maybe they should get rid of that one?... It does make for a nice contrast though. More lavender ahhhhhh fresh!

Or how about this little house in gray? Hard to see but the doors are painted a dark burgundy. Love the old screen doors! (You can click to enlarge)

Or maybe a petite Tudor is more to your liking? The people who live here were working in their yard and I snuck this one in just in time before they caught me camera handed! *swipes brow* Embarrassment averted!

Could any of my horticultural friends tell me what kind of rose (?) this is? It grows in a huge bush and is sooo loaded with flowers? I needs me some!

Closeup.

And this one? I also love the soft look of it. I'm a complete zero when it comes to plants. But I'm trying to learn...

This one was one of my favorites! It felt so "small italianate" to me. I'd buy it in a heartbeat; interior sight unseen were it for sale. It really spoke to me! (You can click to enlarge)

Or how about some mid century blues? Those plants had to be growing like that from the time I was a kid? They're huge... And I love them!

The neatest house on the block! Good lordy I bet weeds run screaming from this house! They wouldn't dare try to sneak in here! No no no! Unlike my yard where I think I could open a moss farm *winks* At least it feels wonderful under foot!

This will NOT be a pause that refreshes... because... It's ALIVE!! I looked down and thought I'd stepped in some dirt... But Nooooo they're ants! Eeeeesh!! I'm getting the creeps all over again just writing this!

How about a little french flavor? Oui je t'aime!

I'm sorry about the picture quality of this one but I had to show you the front before I showed you the back. Looks like a cute little shingled cottage doesn't it? Very sweet!... But deceiving because...

It drops off a whole other story and is over 4000 sq ft.

Couldn't this one be wonderful with the right person to love it? I'd start by getting rid of that tree. Sorry I love trees more than most but that one has got ta go!

But my favorite of all!! The cutest, most wonderful, captured my heart abode, was this little baby in blue gray! Come to mama baby boy!!

Cute in all directions!

Let me just get my bicycle and we can hit the trail!

I hope you enjoyed this stroll in my little corner of the world. Did you have a favorite? Do you love to house snoop as much as I do? Please share! I'd love to hear from you! Vanna

art, cream, favorite, fresh, Inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: A Little Stroll Through The Hood... + LOVE