My Blog = My Life + LOVE

My Shabby Little Powder Room Opinions Wanted

Howdy y'all!
Sorry I missed a week... Blond that I am I didn't realize my posting day would land on Thanksgiving so I skipped one and had myself a mini blog vaca *winks* I hope you all had a wonderful holiday... And doesn't it feel like Christmas is only 10 minutes from now? Did any of you hit the black friday sales?
Anyhoo my blog post today is about my postage stamp sized powder room. I'd love to hear opinions from all of you (my fabulous bloggy friends) on what you think I can do to improve it? *winks* As mentioned it's very small, has no window, so no natural light... hence my less then stellar pictures (sorry!) This room is right off the garage and across from my laundry room so it's very utilitarian. Awhile back I found this large over mantel mirror at a local antique store for $100 and wasn't quite sure what to do with it? I got a a sudden brainstorm and ended up putting it in here to replace a very blah maple framed oval mirror, and I'm wondering, do you think I should paint it white? I'm also thinking about adding some wainscoting? The room already has moulding rail, so should it be kept to that height? Or maybe a little higher? So many questions for such a tiny room *winks*

This is what the mirror looked like before.

My new (old) mirror nearly goes from one wall to the other in this small space.

The old wood medicine cabinet below was a $10 find at a garage sale. The vintage game table is one of a set of two purchased on craigslist for $25. Here you can really see its size.

This lovely clock case was a $12.99 find at a thrift store. The clock parts are almost all gone but I don't care *winks* The floral prints are also from a garage sale.

Isn't it sweet?

I LOVE the romantic maidens! I think the attached antique tassels must've come off an old sofa? I paid $5 for the two of them

This sweet statue of a girl was a $10 craigslist find.

I found this frame at our town garage sale for $3. And the plaque of lovers was a find on my shopping trip with my friend Joyce for $41.

Close up.

This Moreau spelter couple picking apples was a find at a local antique mall for $100.

And this set of cherub candleholders were a Christmas gift from a friend.

I think this small chandelier was one of my best finds from awhile back. It was $28...

but it came to me originally looking like this *winks*

So what do you think? What should I change? Too busy? Please give me your opinions. I'd LOVE to hear from you! And please come back for next week when I have some special flea market finds to share with you! Vanna
I'm joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for:

My sweet friends Patti and Paula of Ivy and Elephants for:

Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva for:

Honey at 2805 for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

apple, art, Christmas, Inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: My Shabby Little Powder Room Opinions Wanted + LOVE