My Blog = My Life + LOVE

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Trente Six

It was meant to be a $5 day... It really was...
Last week I went out shopping (again) with my new bloggy girlfriend Joyce of Calamity Jane's Life and Style and Monticello Antique Marketplace. It was my intention (Really) to spend nothing and instead to learn from my friend because she has fabulous taste and a very successful antiques business *winks*
All was going well with my plan until we stopped in at a friends shop who was having a "going out of business" sale and had everything marked half off! Well heck with that $5 thing! Both of us were in a frenzy and finding treasures left and right!
Soooo I didn't spend $5... I'm undisciplined like that *winks* What the hoohoo I'm already eating beans and mac. So caution thrown to the wind, here are a few of the things I found... Starting with my favorites, which again was a two way tie, so I'm sharing what I think is the prettiest picture first *winks* This lovely art deco egyptian maiden garden statue was only $62 and 3' tall.

I've displayed her for now in my living room where previously I had this cherub statue (I call him my Les Misérables child *winks*) So please tell me my design savy friends, which do you prefer? The cherub has great patina from spending years in a garden, but the egyptian lady is much taller and the scale is probably better? I'd love to hear your opinion.

OK moving on to favorite find #2, this wonderful marble and bronze lamp with angel figures $130. Isn't it a beauty!? I took one look and HAD to have it! I have a weakness for beautiful lamps... Well I have a weakness for LOTS of stuff as many of you already know. *winks*

I'm trying it out with my shabby shade from a couple weeks ago. What do you think? Too shabby?

Close up on one of the bronze figures.

I couldn't believe my luck in finding this fabulous large spelter lady titled L'hiver for $45! (French for winter.)

I got her home and realized I already had another one of the seasons! L'automne (Fall) Only two more to go *winks*

Actually I must really love this figure because I also already had her in a smaller size and didn't even realize it... Go figure.

This large beautiful bohemian glass lustre was only $75. If you collect these you know how expensive they can get... So how could I say no? Lol!

I added this little victorian silk flower dome to my collection via ebay for $61.

Grouped together in my living room.

I found this hand painted rose fan, large plate and victorian silk fan case at my friends store.

Isn't this pink silk case lovely? It's available for sale with the silk fan for $35 if anyone is interested.

The fan is very tatty but still so beautiful! The sticks and guards are leather. It would make a perfect back drop for some pretty collection *winks*

The rose plate is German.

And lastly this velvet pillow case was a Goodwill find for $2.99. I didn't like the frame so I removed it only to find that there had been some fading to the velvet exposed to the light. I believe it's victorian era? Maybe one of my fabric experts could verify that for me (aka Debra at Acquired Objects Textile Queen Supreme! *winks*)
Before: In frame.

And out of frame.

Close up. At any rate at that price I think it was a pretty good deal *winks*

That's all I have for ya this week. I hope you'll come back next week for a very small tour of my problem powder room... Once again opinions needed! What would I do without y'all's help? *winks* Please leave me a comment and I'll do the same. I LOVE hearing from you! Vanna
I'm joining my friend Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for:

Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Honey at 2805 for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

And Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva for:

art, favorite, Inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Trente Six + LOVE