My Blog = My Life + pie

My Newest Globe de Mariee With Baby Jesus

Hellooooooo!
Is there still anybody out there?

I'm so sorry I've been gone such a long time. My health has been really shaky (literally) I've been suffering with non stop debilitating dizziness... Yes I AM a dizzy blond! I just never in a million years would've thought I'd be THIS dizzy! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to blog again, but I've been feeling much better and have missed y'all soooo much!

Needless to say I haven't been able to get around and shop like I used to, so I don't have a bunch to share, but I did manage to find one interesting treasure (at least to me *winks*) So I hope you don't mind a lot of pictures of one item instead of the usual plethora-o-stuff?

If you (once upon a time) read my blog you might remember how crazy I am for the French Victorian bridal domes (Globes de Mariee)... Post HERE... Well I have a new globe to add to my collection. This time it features not a bridal couronne but instead a petit bébé Jésus.

A local antique dealer friend who was closing her space at a mall, called to tell me she had a French dome I might like. So I sent my husband over to check it out for me. Sure enough he knew instantly I would LOVE it!... That man knows me so well! For $225 (a lot I know, but hard to find)... home it came! I DO love it! And I hope you'll enjoy it too *winks*

Here is the precious little baby boy without his glass dome so you can see him better. He is made of wax and has real blond hair. His robe is silk with metallic trim. And he's lying on the sweetest little polonaise bed with ruched pink fabric and a bed crown made from gold foil paper.

And here he is with his glass globe. I added the white ostrich feathers.

Isn't he adorable?!

He even has little metallic thread tassels hanging from his bolster pillow. I really adore all the charming details. I also added the porcelain roses that were a great find from a long while back. I found a whole bunch of them for 50 cents each (happy dance) and thought they might make a good addition to this little fellow? *winks* What do you think? Keep em or loose em? And doesn't the bed trim look like tiny scallop shells?... I just noticed that right now!

Here is the top of the bed crown. It's a little shabby, but still so charming.

Somebody back in the 19th century sure must have spent some time and thought on this little labor of love!

The velvet is getting a little threadbare... But that's OK. Only makes me love him more.

And here is a grouping with the new dome and a few of the oldies.

An arty farty shot... just because *winks*

Pretty details... Little pieces of history... J'adore les Globes de Mariee!

Well what do you think? Have I tempted you at all to bring home a French globe of your own? I've got some more tempting French globe de mariee eye candy HERE I just LOVE to inspire and enable *winks* And I also LOVE to hear from you!! I hope you'll leave me a comment and just tell me how you're doin' Vanna
I'm joining Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Debra at Common Ground for:

Honey at 2805 for:

And Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

art, happy, health, Inspiration, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: My Newest Globe de Mariee With Baby Jesus + pie