My Blog = My Life + LOVE

Flea Market Finds Pour Semaine De Trente

It's that time of the week again for...
FLEA MARKET FINDS!!!!
Or the closest thing to it I can find in my neck of the world *winks*
I wasn't in a shopping mood this last week (Yes hell is in fact freezing over *winks*) so nothing too fabulous to share, just a few neat things (I hope?) I'm starting with my second favorite find as my first is perhaps just a tad too risque to be showing up on the blogs of those sweet folks who are kind enough to have me on their blog lists... You'll see what I mean... Anyhoo this week the theme was dolls. I found a few to add to my boudoir doll collection. And as usual the 1920's played a big role too.
This 1920's wax over composition doll was quite a rare find. She's actually an old powder box that I've filled with some chocolates... because I have my priorities *winks* I've been collecting these boudoir dolls for a little while now and although there are many of the doll powder boxes, this is one of the only ones I've seen like this so I'm thrilled to have her!

Box of chocolates... Yumm!! I've got plenty for you and me! *winks*

OK... WARNING... If nekkid ladies bother you? You'll want to skip the next two pictures, but for those who love nudes like I do, this one is kind of special. She's a rare incense burner named the "Smoking Venus" She's a little rough around the edges but I've been searching for one for years. They usually go way out of my price range ($500+ with clothes on, the nudes are more expensive yet) but I found this one for $160 and snapped her up faster than you can say "Have you got a light?" Lol! She burns cone incense under her stool... seat... bottom? (There's just no way to make this sound right, but you get the idea) which comes out of her mouth as if she's smoking. She really IS smoking hot! Haha!

I couldn't capture just how perfectly it spirals out of her mouth and hangs in the air, but you can see how she works here.

Another favorite find was this bouillotte lamp (Pronounced Boo-yacht) Bouillotte was a french card game that was popular in the 18th century and this type of lamp would've been placed in the center of the gaming table providing light and the basket base would've held gaming chips. The shade is tole (enamelled or lacquered metal ware) and adjusts up or down to conform to the candles burned. My 1920's lamp has both light bulbs and spots for candles. The arrow at the top adjusts the height up and down the center pole. This style lamp is one of my absolute favorites and can be quite expensive, but I found this one at a local antique store for $50 which is quite a steal! Yippee!! I'm trying it out to see if I like it in my living room.

Another rare 1920's boudoir doll find was this wax over composition munzerlite vanity doll lamp. Although I've seen lots of the boudoir doll lamps I've never seen one like this before with metal hangers that would allow her to hang on the mirror of a vanity. so I had to have her even though she's a little rough as well. *winks*

From one of my favorite online shops Maison De Wine And Wienies came this cool 1920's picture frame with barbola detail. Now living in my closet armoire.

And another sweet boudoir lady missing an arm but still very charming don't you think?

Also from Maison De Wine And Wienies this rare doll powder puff.

Her silk dress is shredded but she's still lovely to me.

And this find is a bit strange. I don't know if he represents a saint? Or Jesus? Did he come from a church? I have no idea. Maybe one of you will know? But he was too interesting to pass up... Though I probably should have because there's zippo room at my house *winks*

And back again to the 1920's where women wore dresses and men wore... makeup? Check em out! *winks* this tin tray was $10. I love the graphics.

Close up. I think it will fit in perfectly with my boudoir ladies. (You can click to enlarge)

And finally a couple of art nouveau trinket boxes found on etsy at $30 for the set. The smallest case has a cherub on top and I'm a cherub-o-holic!!

Still bearing remnants of their original silk.

Well that's it for this week. I hope you'll join me again next week for more flea market finds. Please leave me a message and I'll do the same. I LOVE to hear from you!! Vanna
I'm joining Sherry at No Minimalist Here for Open House Party.
Marty at a Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva for Club G.W.
The fabulous Honey at 2805 for Potporri Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
And Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show And Tell Fridays

art, chocolate, favorite, Inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour Semaine De Trente + LOVE