My Blog = My Life + LOVE

Flea Market Finds Pour Le Semaine Trente et un

Howdy y'all!
It's that time again... Time for... FLEA MARKET FINDS!!!
Yay whoohoo yippee!... Whoop-ti-do!!
That's about as exciting as it's gonna get because I had another completely unmotivated shopping week. I only made two stops. One at the Goodwill and another to one of my favorite shopping destinations... Centralia Washington. I think I'm feeling a little blue about the end of summer. We barely had one this year... But enough sorry moaning about that. On to the finds...
I'll start as usual with my favorite find, beginning with this 10' pair of antique columns from Centralia for $120. They're the perfect worn shabby chippy gray. I placed them in my small home gym. Now I just need some wonderful capitals to top them so I'll be on the hunt. Wish me luck! *winks*And if you happen to come across some come get me OK?

Formerly I had this French armoire in this spot. But when I moved it to my closet HERE I needed something to fill the space so I found this vintage credenza at the Goodwill for $7.99 and placed the large mirror on top. This is all temporary as there will be a large screen TV going up in December... (Christmas pressie to ourselves) Hopefully that will motivate me to get off my bum and move!... I have my fingers crossed!*winks* ?

Here's a close up. I'm thinking of adding some sconces to the columns. What do you think should I?

And from etsy I found this rare lingerie boudoir doll ($34.50) with a French silk face to add to my growing collection.

Isn't she in amazing condition for around 90 yrs old?

This sweet pair of Alexander Backer children were found in Centralia for a song. The urn the little girl is carrying had a broken handle on one side so the hubby drilled a hole in it and I added some roses to cover the break and... voila! I like them even better!

This cute little boy gone fishin' was also an etsy find.

I've had this cool old cement grotto for awhile now and have been looking for the perfect figure to place in it. This statue of Mary was also an etsy find and a bargain basement price because her neck had been broken at one time. I fell in love with her sweet face.

Then I ran across this chippy cement statue of an angel at the Goodwill for $12 and thought it might be a better fit in size? What do you think? Should I just keep on looking? Neither is quite as tall as they probably should be.

This cherub sconce was found in Centralia.

And this large cherub topper was $2.99 at the Goodwill. I think I'll be painting it in gesso a la my friend Rosemary at Villa Barnes.

This mardi gras style mask was $1.99 at the Goodwill. I added it to my to my Jeanne D'arc bust. I love to decorate her for the holidays *winks*

A finally a few books at $1 each.

Well that's all for this week. I hope you'll leave me a comment and I'll do the same. I LOVE to hear from you! And please come back next week for more flea market finds. I have a very special something to share with you. *winks* Vanna
I'm joining Sherry at No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva for Club G.W.
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
And Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

art, book, Christmas, favorite, Inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour Le Semaine Trente et un + LOVE