My Blog = My Life + LOVE

A Dream Sedan Vitrine And A New Obsession...

Helloooooo beautiful ones!!

I'm trying to get back into the blogging grove... It's been so long I've forgotten how anything works!

I'm so thankful and grateful to all of you who emailed me and left me a comment to see if I was still alive. I missed y'all more than I can say! Thank you so much for your kind wishes for good health. I'm doing much better. It's still a struggle day to day... But enough about that... On to the Finds!

I do have something wonderful to share this week (well it's wonderful to me anyway *winks*) It's a 19th century French sedan chair vitrine. I have wanted one of these little buggers for years! I would spot them in magazines and dream of finding one at an estate or better yet... a garage sale! They're not very easy to find...

Sedan chairs (the full size version) were commonly used in the 17th century to carry people around the streets and paths of Europe too narrow for a carriage to navigate. As well as helping to alleviate some of the street traffic. Some things never change huh? *winks* I found this littler version on ebay and for a steal of a price! And because I'm a blog that does share prices (I always wonder what others have paid for a cool treasure?... Don't you?) I'm gonna tell you with shipping from France it was only $270. Yes I do know that that's a lot (It's a lot for me!) But not for one of these cuties this large (15" tall) I'm still doing the happy dance over finding one that I could actually afford!... Even if it does possibly mean more boxed macaroni and cheese... It'll be worth it!

Covered in a quilted silk brocade with gold metallic trim and gold cording... Isn't it fab?!

The glass is beveled.

The front door has a little handle latch that opens up to two small glass shelves for display. I had a hard time actually finding little things to fit in here, so please excuse my less than stellar composition... I needed to use something!

The little figurine couple at the top are Nymphenburg (History HERE if you're interested)

They're so sweetly detailed for only 3.5" tall

At the bottom sits this cute little nude bronze lady with a French trinket box. Doesn't it look like she's gazing fondly at the beach and chateau? *winks*

Now on to my latest obsession... these vintage porcelain stem flowers... I just LOVE em! Can't get enough of them! They probably date from the 70's and were also probably really inexpensive back then, but now they're getting dear! I'd love to have an ENORMOUS bouquet of these beauties!

This pink vase is Victorian bristol glass and came from a local garage sale for $15.

And in a twist of perfection... I had listed this 1920's wicker vase in my etsy store HERE when I found these large Capodimonte blooms also on etsy. They were so much prettier in person, but I didn't know what to do with them? I searched the house for inspiration and finally tried them in this wicker vase and "VOILA!" Loved them! So I pulled the vase off etsy faster than you can say "match made in heaven" Lol!

Chippy shabby tattered love... *sighs*

The leaves are made of foil.

Another wonderful garage sale find was this 1920's wicker barbola vase for $7. (They were asking $10 but I wheeled and dealed) *winks* I've never seen another like it. You might have already guessed I'm crazy for the 1920's AND for barbola! Old flower swags make me swoony! I think this is one of the neatest vases I've ever found and it's a keeper!

It stands about 10" tall. Have any of you ever seen a barbola vase like this? Just in case you didn't know, barbola is : the decoration of small articles (as of wood or glass) with colored models of flowers, fruit, or other ornamental objects made from a plaster paste

Well... did I tempt any of you to look for a sedan vitrine of your own? Rubylane has some cute ones HERE. Do you already have one? Below are two examples that have me drooling!

Or how about the porcelain stem roses? Mounded together like this don't they make a luscious picture? *winks* The carnations are my favorites.

Here's a group shot.

Thanks again for stopping by! I hope you'll leave me a comment and I'll do the same. I LOVE hearing from you! Vanna
I'm joining my sweet friends Paula and Patti for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

And Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

And Common Ground for:

art, favorite, happy, health, Inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: A Dream Sedan Vitrine And A New Obsession... + LOVE