My Blog = My Life + pie

My French Paris Garret Bedroom

I thought I'd take a break from the flea market finds this week and instead share a tour of my master bedroom One of the reasons we purchased this house was its high sloped ceilings which lend themselves to that "Paris garret" feeling. I collect french armoires (as those of you who read my blog might have noticed *winks*) and they're almost all over 9' tall, so high ceilings were a must. But the slope can really be a minus because it does limit furniture placement, so not a lot of moving big pieces around. More a little rearranging of this-n-that *winks* This room has a little way to go before it's my dream retreat. I'm hoping the hubby will install a fireplace somewhere in the not too distant future. And I'd love to have a canopy over the bed (Been working on that one for years *sighs*) But all that said, I really do love this room! There are memories and stories everywhere I turn! *winks* So come on and follow me (If you want?)and I'll show you around ma chambre *winks*

I'll start with my favorite piece in the room, this french armoire. This was the first one I ever purchased and I'd longed for one for years, so it will always remain special to me.

View towards the bed.

From the doorway.

French gentlemens dresser.

1920's painting of nudes.

A favorite rose painting found at an auction for $25.

Bedside table with a beloved cherub lamp. You can see close ups on my other bedroom cherubs HERE.

The small painting of Jesus is KPM. I found it in a junque store for $15.

French dresser.

Lots of favorite things here *winks*

I love my beautiful nude ladies!

A trio of antique oil paintings.

My one and only widow in the room with silk drapes found at an estate sale for $25.

Part of my collection of art nouveau trinket boxes and a favorite lady lamp.

My little chinoiserie cabinet filled with yet more trinket boxes.

Top of the cabinet.

Chaise for comfy reading.

Favorite statue on top of the french buffet.

Ever changing buffet top.

My chandelier is another favorite. I purchased this chandelier with matching sconces for $125. I sold the set of sconces for $125 making the chandelier free!! Yippee I love that!

Victorian book/magazine stand painted on both sides with flowers.

My favorite french footstool.

The antique painted leather screen in the corner is another one of my favorite things.*winks* Yes I know... I do say that a lot!...

I also love the bookshelf full of my mostest favorite decorating books.

The screen features town scenes in soft colors which I adore!

A view through the looking glass *winks*

Well that's all for today. This sweet french lady above the buffet and I would like to say "Au revoir et merci pour votre visite! S'il vous plaît revenir bientôt!

I hope you enjoyed the tour! Please leave me a comment and I'll leave one for you too *winks*
I LOVE hearing from you! Vanna
I'm joining Kim at Savy Southern Style for:

My friend Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for:

Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

The Charm of Home for:

art, book, favorite, Inspiration, life, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: My French Paris Garret Bedroom + pie