My Blog = My Life + pie

Flea Market Finds Pour La Vingt-Huit

Bonjour beautiful friends! It's that time of the week again... for... Flea... Market... Finds..!!! Also known as "what I spent way too much money on last week" Lol! I'll start with an apology for not sharing (yet) what I'd hinted about last week. A delivery from a special blogging friend. It's going to take one more week to get it right (hopefully worth the wait *winks*) In the mean time I have a few little things to share with you. I have another two way tie for my favorite this week. I'll start with this dress form that I found at a local antique mall for $70. It's not a great price, but I do so love vintage dress forms!

Unfortunately it started out an ugly plaid. This just wouldn't work in my shabby bedroom HERE... so... inspired by Rosemary at Villabarnes I gesso'd it! It still needs a few more coats (I found out fabric can REALLY soak up gesso!) but it's working for me now! *winks*

Do you see the jewelry I've placed on it? I know it's not the most attractive mix *winks* Well... I found a box of old costume jewelry at a garage sale for $25. Nothing too special, but boy did I have a ton of fun taking out each little baggy filled with a surprise of some sort! Mostly vintage necklaces from the 50's. So I draped a few of them to show you.

Here's a box view.

Then my other favorite item was a nude statue I found on craigslist for $25 to match my white one. I love old nude statues of beautiful maidens! Don't you? The headboard piece in the background is part of an antique French bed found atToday's Country Store in Sumner Wa. for $95

I found this addition to my rhinestone collection for $22. It has big chunky rhinestones, filigree, and faux pearls too... Yippee! Can you say "bling-a-ding!!! You can see more of my little (but growing) collection HERE.

It still even has some powder left!

And another find, this vintage rhinestone necklace from the Goodwill for $3.

This little Rosy pitcher was also a Goodwill find for $2.99. I filled it with dried flowers from my yard.

And in the "OMG why does she keep buying the same thing over and over" category, I've added a couple of new jewel caskets to my P.N.C.W. (Progress Novelty Casting Works) collection. They are a little different... really!... *winks* I can't get enough of Marie Antoinette and 18th century ladies!

None entirely perfect, but perfectly charming none the less.

Yep and again! This one's in black... See... a little different right? Lol!

That's all for this week. I hope you'll come back next week for more flea market finds. And hopefully I'll have my little surprise ready too *winks* I hope you'll leave me a comment and I'll do the same for you. I love hearing from you! Vanna
I'm joining my friend Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

And Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Cindy at My Romsntic Home for:

art, favorite, Inspiration, LOVE, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Vingt-Huit + pie