My Blog = My Life + followers

The Real Way to Get More Followers to Your Blog

The number one question of almost all bloggers (and a big one I get asked a lot lately) is, how do I get more followers? Nobody really knows how many blogs are in the world, but I've read "current" numbers starting at 50,000,000 and even as high as 150,000,000. Whatever the number, that's a lot of zeros to compete with.

Picture a bookshelf, twenty miles wide and twelve feet tall, crammed with people's personal journals and memoirs. You just added yours to the very middle of it, and now you're standing on the sidelines with 150,000,000 other people, watching lookie-loos choosing one here, choosing one there, just hoping that they'll stop and choose yours.

Kind of interesting to think of it that way, isn't it? Here's the thing. You can stand out from the crowd. It is possible.
When I started Single Dad Laughing, I looked up lots of websites which all claimed to know the tricks of building a blog quickly. Aside from the fact that many of them contradicted each other, I tried to implement as many of their common suggestions as possible here at SDL. Some of them were effective, some weren't. They did, however, seem to all pitch the same three common rules to blogging (if your goal is to attract a following).
Read & Comment >>

art, BLOG, blogging pep talks, book, and more:

Relevant to: The Real Way to Get More Followers to Your Blog + followers