My Blog = My Life + LOVE

Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Vingt-Cinq

Bonjour beautiful peeps!
I have another weeks worth of Flea Market Finds to share with you!
Not too many this last week. It was a little light. However I did find a couple of treasures IMHO *winks*
Again it was a two way tie for my favorite find. So I'll start with...

This Italian-esque relief wall plaque by Vanguard studios from 1967... from a local antique store for $70. It really grabbed me by the heartstrings. I thought I paid wayyyy too much! But I found the same plaque in color HERE for $900! I think they're smoking crack!... But I'm actually hoping that I'm just ignorant to it's significant value! Lol!

Shabby chippy perfection don'tcha think? It looks like really heavy carved wood, but it's actually made from a type of Styrofoam covered with plaster called vanathane and is quite light!

I actually prefer this creamy aged white over the more colorful rendition.

And this is my other favorite... A French wax candy box doll from (I believe) between the 20's- 1940's. Y'all know how much I love my boudoir dolls and this one is extremely rare. The only other one I could find from Marly was $415!... More crack smokers... *winks*

Still bearing her original Marly (Candy company) tag.

I wonder what kind of candy she was once filled with?

And she has the most wonderful bustle! Just look at that bootay! Lol! Her skirt is taffeta and her little jacket black velvet.

I just loooove her little hat!

It's so detailed!

And in the "inspired by my fellow blogger friends" category is this antique lorgnette (an ebay find) for $39. I absolutely fell in love with the one on my friends Patti and Paula's blog Ivy & Elephants HERE. If you haven't visited there you really should! They're a most inspiring twosome!

And with a push of the button on the side... presto chango! From looking glass to reading glasses! And they work great for my old eyes too! *winks* The books were an earlier flea market find for $1 ea. If you'd like to see some really amazing lorgnettes take a look HERE Some of them are TDF!! Needless to say lorgnettes are my new favorite thing! *winks*... Look what you've done Patti and Paula! You've created a lorgnette monster~!*winks*

Another ebay purchase was this rare edition of Osa Johnson's 4 yrs in paradise. In case you didn't know (and I didn't) this book is an IT item for decorators! And can go into the hundreds. So when I spotted it for $80 I hit the BIN button fast! The other book "I married Adventure" is another must have for designers, not for it's content but for it's zebra exterior! Kid ya not the plain cover goes for about $9 or less and the zebra and giraffe covers for LOTS more! Just in case you're out tiquing and happen to spot one for a dollar or two *winks*
Miles Redd has this set also... so this makes me just like him!! Hahahaha!!... No seriously it does! *winks*

Perfect for stacking!

Miles Redd's bookshelf... Do you see them?

And finally this little Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were a Goodwill find for my coming soon etsy shop... Yes I really will have it going by next week so I hope you'll stop by! *winks*

Thanks for joining me for another week of flea market finds. I'll have some more treasures for you next week. Please leave me a comment and I'll leave you one too. I LOVE to hear from you! Vanna
I'm joining Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Diva for:

Sherry at No Minimalist Here for:

Courtney at French Country Cottage for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for:

And Jill at French Cupboard for:

art, book, cream, favorite, Inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Flea Market Finds Pour La Semaine Vingt-Cinq + LOVE