My Blog = My Life + tips

A Management Series for Moms

Recently I was asked a question I had heard many times before: "How do you get everything done in a day when you have three small children and a blog? I only have one child and I can't even keep up!"

Truthfully, I don't get it all done in a day and I often feel way behind on everything. I can't remember when each room in our house was tidy at the same time or the last time I had all the laundry caught up.

That's why I want to do this reality series, because if keeping a home entails a perfectly tidy house, an organized linen closet, well-behaved, homeschooled children, and an empty laundry basket, I fear we're all doomed. It must be something more.

Yes, more!

Gloriously managing a home does not mean the laundry is always caught up, the towels are straight, and the kitchen counter is clear of clutter. It means rolling with the punches, giving yourself grace, determining to make the most of every opportunity to love and serve your family, and pleading God's promises, understanding that there is nothing more important as a wife and mother than your place in the home and the powerful influence you wield in your family.

Becoming an excellent homemaker is a growing process, not an overnight change. Life happens. When I've spent three nights in a row cleaning up after sick family members and cannot see beyond the mountain of laundry or dirty dishes in the sink, I must remember that God knew I would be facing this situation when He called me to be a Keeper of the Home and will see me through it if I choose to place it in His hands.

Our house was messier when we only had one child. I wondered how in the world I could handle more of them, homeschool, and keep our home running smoothly. God faithfully gives grace every day and always enough time for the necessary things to get accomplished. It's up to me how to learn to prioritize and manage it effectively.

Care for our children's souls must always trump cleaning floors and decorating drywall; our house will be rubble one day, but their hearts are eternal. Some days that means all we do is read books and take a walk to the park. Some days it can mean making three healthy meals plus extras for the freezer, accomplishing two days worth of school work, folding four baskets of wash, taking the kids to swimming lessons, and getting the bathroom deep cleaned.

The longer we're married and the more children we have, the more tools God gives to help me become better at this task. In this series, I hope to:

  • share my favorite time-management tricks,
  • share how I prioritize my list of things that "need" to get done
  • homemaking stuff I don't do,
  • recommend a list of invaluable resources,
  • share my personal schedule,
  • share real pictures of it all in action at our house.
This is His work and it deserves to be tackled with the greatest fervor and grandest intentions. I hope you'll join me in learning together how we can be excellent managers of our homes!

Part 1: Keeping A Growing Home | A Management Series for Moms Part 2: Keeping A Growing Home | Know Your Role! Part 3: Keeping A Growing Home | Making Priorities & 15 Good Things I Don't Do Part 4: Keeping A Growing Home | Time-Saving Home Management Tips Part 5: Keeping A Growing Home | My Daily Schedule

If you enjoyed this post, you may wish to follow Growing Home for updates via Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, or have them emailed directly to your inbox.
Linking to: Raising Homemakers, Deep Roots At Home, Raising Arrows, Time Warp Wife, A Wise Woman.,Walking Redeemed, The Better Mom, The Modest Mom, A Mama's Story, We ARE That Family, Raising Mighty Arrows, Hearts For Home, Frugal Homeschool Family, Moms The Word, Hip Homeschool Moms, Trivium Tuesdays, The Prairie Homestead

art, biblical womanhood, book, favorite, health, HOME, homemaking, lesson, life, organization, running, and more:

Relevant to: A Management Series for Moms + tips